Chaminade High School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Hello all. I have a son that has been accepted to start this Sept. I must say that so far I am extremely impressed. I have read all the comments . One thing sticks in my mind that life isn't easy. You should all push your kids to learn and act like good men. Look around you and see what's going on in the world. Our kids should be pushed and be respectful to one another. I'm proud to have my son go here. As I said before life isn't easy and I'm sure Chaminade will excel him to another level .

Posted June 07, 2015
My son is starting this semester. I have been to the school a few times and I have to say that's how all schools should be. Life isn't easy and this is what makes people stronger. Nothing wrong with reading and learning. Who ever has an issue with this should not be in any school. All of you should be pushing your kids to the next level. In today's society there is lots of stupidity going on. What's wrong with our kids being good people and letting a school mold them like that???? I'm happy and proud my son made it in Thai school..

Posted May 26, 2015
Excellent school. The four years I attended CHS helped prepare me for, not only, college but life in general.

Chaminade High School 1

Posted May 03, 2015
Miserable here, dont send your kid if you want them to enjoy their last 4 years living with you.

Chaminade High School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
Chaminade only takes the cream of the crop. It's not for slackers, very competitive!!! It's like Ivy League for High School, teaching strong mural character. The mom that bashed it either was not well educated about the school or her child could not make it in and she was bitter. My son got scholarships to two other Catholic H. S. and we still chose CHS.

Posted October 08, 2014
I am a graduate of CHS and in my humble, yet very accurate opinion, CHS is the best of the best! Admittedly, it is not for everyone. If you are opposed to a strict Catholic education, then this place is not for you. But I caution all of the readers to consider the following. The proof is in the pudding. While not every CHS graduate goes on to be wealthy or influential, the alumni is undeniably super impressive. CHS boasts graduates at every level of government, military, business, etc... The amount of graduates that become lawyers, doctors and businessmen is staggering. So for all you naysayers, here's the challenge: show me any other school, Catholic or public, (aside from Sacred Heart and Our Lady of Mercy, both CHS sister schools), that has the impressive credentials of CHS grads. Show me one. St. Anthony's may come somewhat close but CHS still has a more impressive faculty and alumni. So in closing, you may not like CHS. You may find it overly strict and "close minded." I suspect that those that find it "close minded" probably feel that way about the RCC anyway so not a big shocker there. But don't call it substandard just b/c your kid couldn't make it. Period!
5 people found this helpful

Chaminade High School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
BEWARE! If you are looking for a substandard catholic education based loosely on morals Chaminade may be the school for you and your child. As a parent, I found this school to be inferior to catholic schools my older children attended outside NY. They were not only chauvinistic, but also narrow-minded at Chaminade. I was very disappointed since his junior high said it had such a great reputation. Keep looking, there are better educational avenues than dealing with the insecure bullies you will find here.

Chaminade High School 4

Posted August 24, 2014
I would like to respond to a comment made on July 29th about Chaminade and Kellenberg. You have to look at the facts. Both schools ARE exempt from taking the NYS regents. The Trimesters and Comprehensive examinations are definitely more advanced then regents. Take a comp or trimester from KMHS or CHS and compare it to the regents and you will see that CHS and KMHS test demand more. The person also failed to research that Chaminade and Kellenberg's SAT averages are well above public school SAT averages. Also it is a fact that KMHS and CHS are much stricter that public schools. This results in a disciplined student which leads to long term success. Chaminade churns out many great alumni every year which is why they have such an elite alumni association which provides to the school. Now in Kellenberg's defense, there "lower" or A2 program is for the students who aren't as advanced on a Kellenberg standard. Plus it is a fact that there isnt even 100 students in the program and each grade contains 500+ students. Many students in the program even move up in the ranking system.. KMHS also has a growing alumni network and it is very successful in helping students find jobs after college.

Chaminade High School 3

Posted July 29, 2014
The statement made by a former student that "Chaminade is too good for regents exams" must be corrected. Forget about the fact that the statement has a tint of snobbishness, it is totally false. All private schools in NYS have the choice to give Regents exams or not. Most schools still give them because if they do not, the school forfeits a great deal of Regents funds from NYS. As an example, Kellenberg, a sister school of Chaminade, also does not give Regents. Kellenberg clearly is not in the same academic "Ballpark" as Chaminade, nor is it a tougher curriculum, or higher standard of acceptance than most other high schools on L.I. or NYC. There is even a Lower "Tract" at Kellenberg, which is meant for struggling students. Myths, all too often, are spread.

Posted May 06, 2014
My son is a sophomore at Chaminade. After his Freshman year I felt it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Now that we are nearing the end of his Sophomore year I find a well spoken gentleman who is responsible for his own actions and work. I now see why people have said over and over again, they go in as boys and come out men. I also believe how when they graduate Chaminade they are ready for college. I see how my son has become more responsible for knowing his own deadlines, etc. As a lacrosse and football mom, the sports are top notch at Chaminade. We are very proud to wear their name!
3 people found this helpful