9-12|Private
1,748 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 29, 2016
Excellent character building institution. Promotes good study habits for college. A deal for the cost.

Posted June 07, 2016
Chaminade High school was one of the most influential parts of my life and continues to be to this very day. The dedication of the Marianist community and faculty is second to none. They are a faith based community that is focused on spiritual, academic, and physical development. Chaminade gave me the confidence/integrity I needed during my formative years that has guided me throughout college and life. The school has made vast improvements in academic (ex: Bloomberg Terminal center, New S.T.E.M. building being constructed, offering of Mandarin Chinese) and Athletics (all facilities updated to state of the art in past 2 years). If you are looking to send your son to a school that demands integrity, fosters a team first mindset, and prepares them for the "real" real world--then Chaminade is for you. My mother sums it up best: My son entered Chaminade a boy and came out a man.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
Strong Catholic faith teachings along with a rigorous course schedule. The athletic programs also support the growth of character to handle life challenges.

Posted May 18, 2016
Chaminade gave me the best preparation for college but more importantly for the challenges of life.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 07, 2015
Hello all. I have a son that has been accepted to start this Sept. I must say that so far I am extremely impressed. I have read all the comments . One thing sticks in my mind that life isn't easy. You should all push your kids to learn and act like good men. Look around you and see what's going on in the world. Our kids should be pushed and be respectful to one another. I'm proud to have my son go here. As I said before life isn't easy and I'm sure Chaminade will excel him to another level .

Posted June 07, 2015
My son is starting this semester. I have been to the school a few times and I have to say that's how all schools should be. Life isn't easy and this is what makes people stronger. Nothing wrong with reading and learning. Who ever has an issue with this should not be in any school. All of you should be pushing your kids to the next level. In today's society there is lots of stupidity going on. What's wrong with our kids being good people and letting a school mold them like that???? I'm happy and proud my son made it in Thai school..

Posted May 26, 2015
Excellent school. The four years I attended CHS helped prepare me for, not only, college but life in general.

Chaminade High School 1

Posted May 03, 2015
Miserable here, dont send your kid if you want them to enjoy their last 4 years living with you.

Chaminade High School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
Chaminade only takes the cream of the crop. It's not for slackers, very competitive!!! It's like Ivy League for High School, teaching strong mural character. The mom that bashed it either was not well educated about the school or her child could not make it in and she was bitter. My son got scholarships to two other Catholic H. S. and we still chose CHS.

Posted October 08, 2014
I am a graduate of CHS and in my humble, yet very accurate opinion, CHS is the best of the best! Admittedly, it is not for everyone. If you are opposed to a strict Catholic education, then this place is not for you. But I caution all of the readers to consider the following. The proof is in the pudding. While not every CHS graduate goes on to be wealthy or influential, the alumni is undeniably super impressive. CHS boasts graduates at every level of government, military, business, etc... The amount of graduates that become lawyers, doctors and businessmen is staggering. So for all you naysayers, here's the challenge: show me any other school, Catholic or public, (aside from Sacred Heart and Our Lady of Mercy, both CHS sister schools), that has the impressive credentials of CHS grads. Show me one. St. Anthony's may come somewhat close but CHS still has a more impressive faculty and alumni. So in closing, you may not like CHS. You may find it overly strict and "close minded." I suspect that those that find it "close minded" probably feel that way about the RCC anyway so not a big shocker there. But don't call it substandard just b/c your kid couldn't make it. Period!

340 Jackson Ave, Mineola, NY  11501