9-12|Private
1,748 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Chaminade is an amazing school with great teachers and academics.

A family recently asked for my opinion of CHS so I am posting my review as well. I was challenged for the most part throughout my four years and made some great friends along the way. I am now studying at an out of state elite college and feel prepared. However, many of my college friends attended public schools including Oceanside HS, Massapequa HS and Farmingdale HS and their academic experience was just as rigorous as mine, no question. I can confidently say they are just as prepared as me to succeed. It's up to the student to excel or make things happen. If I had the choice again, I would have 100% attended my town "Public" HS and avoided the unnecessary longer commute and extra cost.

Excellent character building institution. Promotes good study habits for college. A deal for the cost.

Chaminade High school was one of the most influential parts of my life and continues to be to this very day. The dedication of the Marianist community and faculty is second to none. They are a faith based community that is focused on spiritual, academic, and physical development. Chaminade gave me the confidence/integrity I needed during my formative years that has guided me throughout college and life. The school has made vast improvements in academic (ex: Bloomberg Terminal center, New S.T.E.M. building being constructed, offering of Mandarin Chinese) and Athletics (all facilities updated to state of the art in past 2 years). If you are looking to send your son to a school that demands integrity, fosters a team first mindset, and prepares them for the "real" real world--then Chaminade is for you. My mother sums it up best: My son entered Chaminade a boy and came out a man.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Strong Catholic faith teachings along with a rigorous course schedule. The athletic programs also support the growth of character to handle life challenges.

Chaminade gave me the best preparation for college but more importantly for the challenges of life.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Hello all. I have a son that has been accepted to start this Sept. I must say that so far I am extremely impressed. I have read all the comments . One thing sticks in my mind that life isn't easy. You should all push your kids to learn and act like good men. Look around you and see what's going on in the world. Our kids should be pushed and be respectful to one another. I'm proud to have my son go here. As I said before life isn't easy and I'm sure Chaminade will excel him to another level .

My son is starting this semester. I have been to the school a few times and I have to say that's how all schools should be. Life isn't easy and this is what makes people stronger. Nothing wrong with reading and learning. Who ever has an issue with this should not be in any school. All of you should be pushing your kids to the next level. In today's society there is lots of stupidity going on. What's wrong with our kids being good people and letting a school mold them like that???? I'm happy and proud my son made it in Thai school..

Excellent school. The four years I attended CHS helped prepare me for, not only, college but life in general.

Miserable here, dont send your kid if you want them to enjoy their last 4 years living with you.

Last modified Chaminade High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12