Bad
Good

My youngest daughter is a 4th grader at Minoa and has been there since kindergarten. She has had fabulous teachers and I feel that the leadership and teaching staff is outstanding. From what I've seen, parental involvement is definitely encouraged, including volunteering in the classrooms and reinforcing at home what is learned in the classroom.

I have a child in Minoa Elementary in a typical classroon with Special Education students also. My child has benefited from this experience. Having a Teaching Assistant working side by side with the teacher is what every child deserves. This has been the most successful year for my child by far. I will always try to request that my child be put into the classroom that has the assistant. You just never hear any feedback on how valuable these assistants are. I feel bad for the parents who don't realize how successful these classrooms are.

My youngest son is now in 1st grade at Minoa. I have had 4 other children go through Minoa and I have never had a problem. There are some wonderful teachers in this school who go above and beyond the role of teacher to help the students achieve their personal best. I have 2 son's with learning disabilities and I have never seen anyone (other students, staff or the principal) treat them differently or avoid them for any reason. I have always felt that in this school my children received the best start possible. I agree that some classrooms/teacher's seem more open to parent's coming in to the classroom than others, but I think that has more to do with the time or day that you choose to do that more than anything else. Set up a schedule next time.

I think Minoa is a great school! There are many dedicated teachers who have children's best interests at heart. My daughter has a learning disability and I have ever had any belittling of her at all. I have found the staff to be very supportive of her academically and socially. I have to disagree about parental involvement. I have had children in Minoa and still have one there and have always been allowed to volunteer. Perhaps it is the type of parent you are. Teachers do not want parents in their classroom who are there for the wrong reasons. I do know that in the past parents who have volunteered in my friends classroom in another school would go back and talk about kids. Maybe the you come across as that kind of parent. It's obvious by the posting you definitely have an ax to grind so that could be the reason

This school's administration is not parent nor child friendly. The principal is huge on discipline and test scores sacrificing quality of education. Children will study a complete semester of math without any exposure to science if that happens to be the state test of the quarter. If your child has any learning difficulties or disabilities, the principal will go out of her way to find a fault with that child. Let it be discipline or to the extent of belittling parents in front of staff. Parental involvement is discouraged. The PTO president is the principal's crony. The only pleasant comment I have is, there are a few great teachers who aren't allowed to fully express themselves. In my personal experience, I feel the principal is very unstable. Shame on you ESM district and NYS.

Last modified Minoa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.