Moriches Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2013
Where do I begin? This school once was a great elementary school but has slowly declined over the last few years. Partly because of the funding and partly because of the principal. There used to be so much more after school activities, family fun nights, meet the author nights, award ceremonies and more. Slowly these have all stopped or are very limited. My experience with the teachers has been wonderful. I have had two of my children go to this school and know many parents so I make sure my child gets a teacher that I know I can work well with. Discipline in this school is poorly addressed. If one kid is disruptive, then the whole class is punished with no recess. If a child is bullying another child, you are expected to understand that the bully has a tough family life and just suck it up. It seems that the principal wants the appearance to be top notch but not do the work required to make it so. Many things go unreported unless you head to the district office and then you get immediate results. The test scores have declined over the years and if you child is above the grade, they are somewhat expected to help the other children who are behind.

Posted June 03, 2011
My son has attended Moriches Elementary since Kindergarten. He is now finishing second grade and we will be moving. Our experience with this school has been wonderful. All of his teachers have been great, especially his second grade teacher. She, with the help of his reading teacher and learning center teacher brought him up to the expected reading level after being far behind in the beginning of the year. I am very greatful for their support and ancouragement. This school has excellent teachers who genuinely care about our children. We will miss Moriches Elementary .

Moriches Elementary School 0

Posted March 16, 2010
This is a great school. I think the school day is a little short. From start to end, it's 6 hours. Factor in lunch and recess. Other than that, security is good, parents included in reaching cirriculum goals.

Moriches Elementary School 0

Posted March 31, 2009
I am a parent who also moved here from Brooklyn and I have to say I love Moriches Elementary. My child is doing great, she loves her school and she has opportunities she would have never had in Brooklyn. I am proud of the school and I congratulate all teachers, principle and staff for all their hard work not only is my child receiving a wonderful education, I know I send my child to a school were all who work there care about the childrens safety.

Posted January 04, 2009

Posted September 29, 2008
I have read some disappointing reviews with respect to this school and do not agree. I moved to this area from Southampton, NY as I felt my child would greatly benefirt from the academic and social principals of this school. I am very pleased with the attentive teaching and multiple opportunities for my cjild to participate and feel as though he belongs in this school. He attends Moriches as a Fifth grade student but entered as a fourth grade student and the change not only in his academic performance but his overall outlook towards school has been remarkable. I believe that the teachers as well as the administration are genuinly concerned for our childrens' advancements and preparedness for life. My husband and I could not be happier.

Moriches Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2008
As a parent of two children in this district Iam deeply concerned about the quality of education that my children are getting. I firmly believe that the classes are too large-(25 kids in my daughters 2nd grade class, 24 kids in my other daughters kindergarten class). These teachers are overwhelmed even with the help of volunteer parents, as I do and paid classroom helpers. It is obvious that there is a good degree of children who do not get any help at home or there parents do not speak English to help them with there academics. The end result is these children need more help in school which takes away from the others who are far more prepared. I could go on but I am hoping that with a bit of persistence and questioning of the administators and Board of Education that hopefully things will change for the better.

Posted June 20, 2007

Moriches Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2007

Posted June 22, 2006

Moriches Elementary School
16 Lewis Ave, Moriches, NY  11955
Last modified Moriches Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moriches Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top