Moriches, NY
Students enrolled: 1,110

William Floyd Middle School 1

Posted November 05, 2013
Very confusing reading. last year gave my son a book for the class to read about wringing a birds neck. was very graphic and upsetting for my child. Now the book for this year is about fairies, and Greek names cannot even pronounce half the names. The book is boring. The English teacher rated the book was great. we rate the book is not worth the effort to read. Now wonder my child does not like to read

Posted April 23, 2013
I love this school ! I started there 6th grade and people on my bus helped me get around school ! The staff are all very nice. The prinipals are very sweet !

Posted February 09, 2013
someone judging the school after 1st day in class,Nothing wrong with the school everyone is so nice and helpfull.we are very happy with the school.....

William Floyd Middle School 1

Posted September 04, 2012
Today was my first day and I was new.Before even at school the bus had been 27 minutes late. I'm in 8th grade and as I had first walked into the school (not knowing where I was going)I got absolutely no help from the staff directing me where to go. Then at lunch no one was willing to sit or talk to me, therefor I got up and sat with some girls who were a grade below me(who barley talked to me and didnt wanna be near me) During the school almost every teacher(exept two)took it into thought that there weren't any "new" students,so as they spoke the teachers would base things off of prior knowledge of being in the school previously.At the end of the day I didn't know my bus,therefor (rudely)I was told to go to guidance. At guidence i wgiants the wrong bus # and when I got to the bus several students(and I)were asked to leave immediately.Then when we went to the princable to ask about our problem she rudely stated how, "we should be able to read a board" and it's not "rocket sceince." My mother had to pick me up and I wouldn't ever, recommend this school,horrible first day I'm not at all sure if I'm going to school tomorrow.In fact I think I'm transferring back to my old school!

William Floyd Middle School 2

Posted March 28, 2012
There is very little oversight of the teachers here and a serious lack of communication as well. Not every class issues text books, so kids can t get there work done at home. Teachers don t respond to e-mails and when you call the office and ask questions you re told to refer to the teachers websites. My child s teachers don t seem to update the homework or testing dates very often on their web pages, leaving me clueless as to what my child should be doing. And no one follows up when a child is failing a class or really struggling. My daughter came home with a progress report where she was failing all 4 core classes. Her guidance counselor was oblivious to this and it was news to him she was struggling. Children and parents are pretty much left to navigate the academic year on there own. This school has very low expectations set for their students and staff. I am selling my home and moving to a district where they strive for more than C.

Posted April 24, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009
I loved this school, if I could, I'd go back in a heartbeat! Everyone there was so kind, my first day, I had a bunch of people come up to me and I've made many great friends there. I felt safe and loved there. Of course, not everyone's experiences are the same, but I would recommend this school.

Posted February 04, 2009
I love my school safe i love to learn and i love all my teachers i hate to say it but if you say this school is horrible or bad,we have a wonderful special ed program also

William Floyd Middle School 2

Posted September 16, 2008

Posted February 08, 2008

William Floyd Middle School
630 Moriches-Middle Island Road, Moriches, NY  11955
Last modified William Floyd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Floyd Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top