PK-6, 11
Mount Vernon, NY

Posted July 09, 2009
I used to go to graham and all my teachers pushed me i made great friends and was salutatorian at my graduation class of 08 best year ever!

Posted January 02, 2009
My child use to go to graham and the teachers were excellent its just the area its located in

Graham School 3

Posted September 18, 2008
I want to say this year I see a lot of changes. The principal's (Mrs. McGregor) doing a lot of great things. The uniform policy instituted this year, GREAT. I'm really hoping to see 100% participation from students and parents. The school as a wonderful new feel. The only downside I see thus far is still communication is still a little shaky and the lack of parent involvement. It really looks like a lot of Graham parents don't care about their children or whats going on at school.

Posted September 09, 2008
The leadership in this school is excellent. More Parent involvement is neccasary but Ms. McGregor is turning this school around. Love the uniform policy this year and look forward to seeing the scores go up. You get what you put into any school system my daughter is doing great and scored a 4 on her state tests!!! Parents need to get involved with parenting thier children.

Graham School 0

Posted April 29, 2008
This school is incapable of responsible teaching of our children. I have had repeated incidents with the lack of reponsible, professional security detail. The principal is non-accessible and unreponsive to parents concerns. I would not recommend this school to anyone that loves and wants the best possible education for their child.

Graham School 0

Posted October 18, 2007
If you don't say anything, know one will know. There is little to no communication going on at Graham. I am a parent who wants to be involved, but theres nothing going on and no one who seems to know. I'm trying to transfer my child out, but keep getting the run around. This use to be a really good school

Posted January 09, 2007
The school is grossly lacking in effective leadership. The principal has no clear policy for disciplining students and is weak in curriculum as well. Students needs are not being met.

Graham School 1

Posted October 12, 2006
The school structure needs to change. There is a lack of discipline. The administration seems unable to control the school environment. School safety is lacking. Textbooks are outdated.

Posted June 16, 2005

Posted June 15, 2005
I'm transferring my daughter out of the school due to lack of discipline,(the students can be seen runniing through the halls at any given moment) safety(many fights) and low performance scores on the state math and reading scores. They do have excellent extra-curriculm activities and computer labs. The bathrooms are a disgrace some stalls without toilet seats.

Graham School
421 East 5th Street, Mount Vernon, NY  10553
Last modified Graham School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6, 11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Graham School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top