Lincoln School 2

Posted July 12, 2014
A student for 7 YEARS at this school, and going to SEVENTH grade.This school isn't horrible, but it isn't fantastic.Behind closed doors we've abandoned all extracurricular activities.Our student council isn't as strong, there isn't a tennis team, basketball team, etc.. , lacking in the arts, and so much more.The instruments are old and there is no violin program.There are NO after school programs, such as REAL tutoring, cooking classes, PE, etc..The 'new crew', people who haven't been here since the past principal who was fired in 2011, lack in effort to change the school.Sadly, the school is falling apart, many activities excluded.The students have to follow a curriculum which is 'not very good' let's say, and teachers don't have time to teach because of what the state requires them to do. Testing happens all year long, and most of the time, there is stress in the classrooms. Really wish the teachers weren't as pressured and don't need to discover their student's ability by an evaluation. Can't even teach proper classes because special teachers always need to 'push in to classrooms' because of meetings and requirements to do with the state. Lincoln really needs to open their eyes.

Posted February 28, 2013
I am so pleased with Lincoln. Teachers challenge the children, principal is absolutely on top of everything. If you have a concern, the principal is readily available. Lincoln Elementary is a gem in Mount Vernon. Thank you to all the wonderful teachers, staff, and principal. My child is prepared for middle school.

Posted October 29, 2012
I'm a student actually. My mom is the one who wrote the second comment. I had a great time at Lincoln. I was in the honors class , two times in a row. I also got accepted into the orchestra program, times in row , including my previous school. Unfortunately, I didn't get accepted in first honors this year, I'm in second honors. But I think if your a parent and your uneasy about this school , you should definitely check it out. PS. I'm in 6th Grade

Posted April 05, 2012
I am sending a letter about my experiences as a Lincoln School pupil in the 1950's. Small wonder that Lincoln has been rated as highly as is is. It was exceptional when I attended.

Lincoln School 4

Posted February 06, 2012
Whoever the parent is that wrote the remark about Mrs. Jone I think you are very mistaken and need to have a conversation with her about your issues. I am a parent myself and I feel she is doing a good job in making sure the school is achieving at its high performance levels. She has also accommodated my needs as I wanted my daughter to be involved in a music program, and to my surprise, a few weeks later I received a note from the school that she was elected to participate in the string program. So, I would suggest that you go in and have a talk with her to express your concerns....I am sure you will be heard. The only thing I will say is I wish the district can give more funding to this school.

Lincoln School 1

Posted January 20, 2012
It used to be a good school, now is more like a jail, where the kids have no rights, where is Mr. Albano, tha witch they put as a new principal is ruin everything Mr. Albano did for the school.

Lincoln School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
At Lincoln the children come first. Every child is treasured, valued, and asked to be the best they can be.

Lincoln School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
This school helped my child to succeed in school.They deserve this money.

Posted April 07, 2010
Our son is in the 1st grade and all I can say is 'I love this school!!!' It's well balanced and loaded with diversity.The teachers that we have been exposed to try really hard to work with the kids. If you are a parent and want to see your child excel Lincoln School is the place. Mr Albano is priceless,and a fighter for his kids. We wanted a Pre-K program to be started there so that our daughter could attend. In september 2010 we will have both our kids there. I'm excited about there growth at Lincoln School. Parent-Pam

Posted April 06, 2010
My daughter has attended Lincoln for 2 of her most formative school years (k-1) and I am extremely satisfied with the curriculum, the teachers, and administration. She has acquired an in-depth understanding that lays a strong foundation for future years. Teachers use best practices, which lead to conceptual understanding. The prinicpal has a HEART for education and will FIGHT to make sure each and every child receives a quality education. The staff are CARING beyond measure, and make education their primary goal!!!!! The school promotes community, caring for those less fortunate, good citizenship, and culture! The school is better than private schools!! WONDERFUL nurturing place for all kids!!! Save your $ for middle school.

Lincoln School
170 E Lincoln Ave, Mount Vernon, NY  10552
Last modified Lincoln School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top