Bad
Good

Sad to say there is a lot of discrimination and disrespectful acts against white teachers and nothing being done to improve the situation , I would never send my child to that school and I am a minority but not a racist

it a nice school even though they're a lot of craziness around. Teachers are very nice

I'm a graduate - in my class people went on to Princeton, Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Penn, Brooklyn Poly, Vassar and other fine universities. They later went on to be Doctors, Lawyers, Professional Athletes, Musicians, Authors, etc. Mount Vernon High Mount Vernon, NY

i studied in this school in1989 . great teachers. MR. SCHWARTZ,MR.PERKINS,ALPERT! HORTON, I LOVED IT. GOOD FRIENS!!!!!!! I RECEIVED GREAT EDUCATION.

AS A FORMER STUDENT (CLASS OF '65) I CAN ONLY LOOK BACK WITH GREAT MEMORIES. MORE IMPORTANTLY I RECEIVED A GREAT EDUCATION. THE CIRRICULUM WAS FANTASTIC AND THE TEACHERS WERE WONDERFUL AND I LEFT WITH A WELL ROUNDED EDUCATION WITH GREAT SKILLS. UNFORTUNATELY, THE MANY OF THE CLASSED OFFERED THEN ARE NO LONGER OFFERED IN MANY SCHOOLS TODAY. I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE BEEN A STUDENT AT MVHS. I BASE MY RATING ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE BACK IN THE 60'S.

I use to go to this Mt. Vernon High school a long time ago... I graduated in 1977 out side in the hot sun at Memorial Field (those were good times) Back during the time that i was in school, i had some wonderful teachers. Back in that time the students learned and the teachers cared!!! I was reading some of these students comments, and i must say i'm flabberghasted about what's been going on at Mt. Vernon High.... For the parents & students who are trying hard to get an education at this school, the best thing i can say is; Just try and stay focus on your education; and try not to get caught up in the ramifications of the non-sense that's going on.... Back during my time in Mt Vernon High, it was a fantastic school, where teachers cared about their students, and students cared about their education.... Today, i say for those wanting to learn, you continue on and don't get bogged down with the non-sense that's going on around you; because before you know it, you'll be graduating and moving on to bigger and better things that life has to offer you. So don't give up on Mt Vernon High, just stick it out and you'll survive. Who knows, you could come back and change the school around!

Being a student in this school for one year I like the school but it's the students who are horrible. They are uncontrollable and use abusive language. And one thing I don't like about the school is how less your counselors actually care about you. I hated the way my counselor was. She always seemed to be busy and was of little help to me. But the teachers in the school are great and if you are a student who is seriously interested about studying the teachers go to great lengths to help you. I'm pleased I'm leaving this school but I'm sad I'll miss my teachers.

Overall, MVHS had its ups and downs. Although it is not the safest school for a student, the teachers take great interest in the academic success of its students. Many sports are offered at the school. There are after school programs along with volunteer opportunities around the community. MVHS should improve its security, as many feel unsafe.

To put it simple about how bad this school is, the school just randomly exploded in a way to end itself. However since the school can't do anything right, it also has failed at that.

this school is riduclously slow in trying to improve whats going on in the class, and paying to much attenntion to whats going on int the school hallways. whats truly important to the students is being comppetely ignore due to the fact of the riff-raffs who need to be handled in a different manner. class are continually being disturbed because of the loud 'security gaurds,' and i use that title very sparingly. Their jobs are to protect the peopl ein the building but all they do is yell and scream at the kids that are in the hall. I truly am embarrassed to go to this school. the only good that comes from the school seems to be what thee basketball or track team accomplish.

Last modified Mount Vernon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.