Mount Vernon, NY
Students enrolled: 1,406

Mount Vernon High School 5

Posted April 26, 2014
I'm a graduate - in my class people went on to Princeton, Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Penn, Brooklyn Poly, Vassar and other fine universities. They later went on to be Doctors, Lawyers, Professional Athletes, Musicians, Authors, etc. Mount Vernon High Mount Vernon, NY

Mount Vernon High School 4

Posted May 04, 2013
i studied in this school in1989 . great teachers. MR. SCHWARTZ,MR.PERKINS,ALPERT! HORTON, I LOVED IT. GOOD FRIENS!!!!!!! I RECEIVED GREAT EDUCATION.

Mount Vernon High School 5

Posted September 24, 2012
AS A FORMER STUDENT (CLASS OF '65) I CAN ONLY LOOK BACK WITH GREAT MEMORIES. MORE IMPORTANTLY I RECEIVED A GREAT EDUCATION. THE CIRRICULUM WAS FANTASTIC AND THE TEACHERS WERE WONDERFUL AND I LEFT WITH A WELL ROUNDED EDUCATION WITH GREAT SKILLS. UNFORTUNATELY, THE MANY OF THE CLASSED OFFERED THEN ARE NO LONGER OFFERED IN MANY SCHOOLS TODAY. I FEEL VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE BEEN A STUDENT AT MVHS. I BASE MY RATING ON MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE BACK IN THE 60'S.

Mount Vernon High School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
I use to go to this Mt. Vernon High school a long time ago... I graduated in 1977 out side in the hot sun at Memorial Field (those were good times) Back during the time that i was in school, i had some wonderful teachers. Back in that time the students learned and the teachers cared!!! I was reading some of these students comments, and i must say i'm flabberghasted about what's been going on at Mt. Vernon High.... For the parents & students who are trying hard to get an education at this school, the best thing i can say is; Just try and stay focus on your education; and try not to get caught up in the ramifications of the non-sense that's going on.... Back during my time in Mt Vernon High, it was a fantastic school, where teachers cared about their students, and students cared about their education.... Today, i say for those wanting to learn, you continue on and don't get bogged down with the non-sense that's going on around you; because before you know it, you'll be graduating and moving on to bigger and better things that life has to offer you. So don't give up on Mt Vernon High, just stick it out and you'll survive. Who knows, you could come back and change the school around!

Mount Vernon High School 3

Posted June 15, 2012
Being a student in this school for one year I like the school but it's the students who are horrible. They are uncontrollable and use abusive language. And one thing I don't like about the school is how less your counselors actually care about you. I hated the way my counselor was. She always seemed to be busy and was of little help to me. But the teachers in the school are great and if you are a student who is seriously interested about studying the teachers go to great lengths to help you. I'm pleased I'm leaving this school but I'm sad I'll miss my teachers.

Posted April 22, 2010
To put it simple about how bad this school is, the school just randomly exploded in a way to end itself. However since the school can't do anything right, it also has failed at that.

Posted April 14, 2010
this school is riduclously slow in trying to improve whats going on in the class, and paying to much attenntion to whats going on int the school hallways. whats truly important to the students is being comppetely ignore due to the fact of the riff-raffs who need to be handled in a different manner. class are continually being disturbed because of the loud 'security gaurds,' and i use that title very sparingly. Their jobs are to protect the peopl ein the building but all they do is yell and scream at the kids that are in the hall. I truly am embarrassed to go to this school. the only good that comes from the school seems to be what thee basketball or track team accomplish.

Mount Vernon High School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
This is a horrible school...There are constant fights and the entire system sucks...The children are very violent...I am currenlty in the process of transferring my child out of this hell hole...They should close the school down!

Posted August 31, 2009
As a social worker who works as an advocate for students who attend this school ...it is absolutely horrible. The guidance department and administrative staff do nothing to promote the well being of these children. I am disgusted how this school works and advise any parent to steer clear of placing your child in this school. I admire the teachers who have to work under the supervision of people who have no professionalism whatsoever.

Posted July 14, 2009

Mount Vernon High School
100 California Road, Mount Vernon, NY  10552
Last modified Mount Vernon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Vernon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top