Mount Vernon, NY

Posted October 06, 2013
First of all, All Mount Vernon teachers are working very hard to meet the demands to teach our kids so they can succeed. We can make a difference Parents, don't give up! Grimes school is located on the "right" side, when you walk into Grimes whether its in the morning or late afternoon there is always someone there to greet you! Also you will noticed cultural unique pieces of art, painting, and pictures of our students. The school is full of positive images of leaders, activist, artists, poets and more ... this helps students see themselves and imagine the possibilities! I always good when I'm there! Everybody knows everybody !...Grimes is place of community, diversity...the foundation in which it stands on ...pride, principles, integrity, respect, and compassion. Thank you Grimes and thank you students for not given up!

Grimes School 4

Posted November 11, 2010
i like grimes alot better then the other scholls my daughter attented in mount vernon they are for the kids needs not just intrested in their test scores they are concerned with how the kids do in and out of class they are a very close knitt school and allow the children to get involved and stay involved with the things that are going on with the school the teachers are great and pay alot of attention to the kids needs.i'm glad that my child has had the chance to get this kind of expereince.

Posted June 26, 2010
my daughter attend and my younger son we are very involved parents.my daughter is graduating my son going to the 4 grade he is doing very well....the children behavior is out of control very little teachers can do the principal is so intuned with whats going on and treat these kids like her own the staff is very well trained I have had a few complaint but these parents need need need to change there behavior so these kidz can learn to behave they are like wild wild ...... but like I said my children is barely escaping and that because they have a wonderful involved parent and I can trust leaving them in school because the teachers are wonderful...

Grimes School 4

Posted June 25, 2010
Leadership is not lacking since administration highlights positive and inspires through 1) actions or 2) words. Attention is directed toward achieving State standards. effective leadership has resulted in principal and teachers working together to help students achieve.more parent involvement is greatly needed which will in turn creates more students achieving.yes behavior is poor and in need of help from our parents.

Posted June 25, 2010
both my girls attend,teachers,staff are wonderful.the principal is the best she tends to all her children and is very involve.Chinese program is totally awesome both girls attend they even got skipped a grade level.students are bad 95% black and 5% multicultural go figure were this is coming from but coming from the home they are coming from you'll only wonder who is there parents if any.overall Grimes is a wonderful school and they do provide a great learning environment...

Posted April 08, 2009

Grimes School 0

Posted December 07, 2007
Grimes is a great sxhool. It's only down fall is parent involvement.

Grimes School 3

Posted July 23, 2004
- a administrator

Grimes School
58 South 10th Avenue, Mount Vernon, NY  10550
Last modified Grimes School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grimes School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top