Our Lady of Victory School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
Due to the lack of choice within the MV school district I sent my daughter here. They are not truly invested in education. I was disappointed.

Posted September 21, 2013
This is the second year my child has been enrolled at OLV. The administration, teachers and staff are wonderful. Ms. Castilla, is a fair but firm principal, and that's exactly what my child needs. OLV reminds me of when I was younger and attended Catholic School. The family atmosphere is very important to me. I would high recommend OLV to any parent looking for a good school. My son is happy and he loves going everyday. If he's happy, I'm happy!

Our Lady of Victory School 3

Posted May 11, 2013
DISCIPLINARY ISSUES!! The principal is weak and unsupportive of the teachers. Her version of discipline is siding with the worst of the worst students. It appears to be easier to do, than dealing with the actual bullying / disciplinary ISSUES. Some students are extremely disrespectful but are rarely admonished due to the fact that students are permitted to challenge teachers openly in her presence. The principal of course sides with the worst of the worst due to her lack of a sense, of the standard, that should be present in a catholic school or maybe a lack of a proper spine. It appears that the school is run not by her the principal but by those students who she is seemingly afraid to deal with. The girls are allowed to wear/ modify the school uniform as they please with total disregard. The teacher's hands are tied due to the principals trickle down fear of tackling the disciplinary issues. I write this so that other parents recognize that this is a potentially dangerous situation for teachers as well as the good students that must endure this ridiculousness.

Posted June 30, 2012
Our Lady of Victory is a wonderful school. The teachers are extremely hard-working and care about each student. Their dedication is both refreshing and admirable. There are a number of extracurricular activities available for the students as well as trips, and consistent use of technology in the classrooms. The students are eager to go to school each day and come home excited about what they learned. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend OLV to any parent.

Our Lady of Victory School 4

Posted May 21, 2012
it is a good schools, the teacher work hard and do everything they can do to help us. The people are friendly and loving. I have so much fun on the trips and just being in school. The teachers make the work fun and make you want to learn. I Love the everyone there.

Posted May 21, 2012
I am a student at our lady of victory and I think this school is great because the teachers care and help you for extra credit and they make you feel like a family.

Posted May 10, 2012
I am a student at Our Lady of Victory school and I think that this school is great. OLV has a lot of extracurricular activities and great teachers. The students love the school.

Posted May 10, 2012
Our Lady of Victory is a wonderful school, the staff makes the students feel like family. Ms. Castilla, the principal is a wonderful asset to the school and takes the time to know each and every student personally. They offer many after school programs in a variety of interests. My daughter is constantly challenged and encouraged. Staff are well experienced and make my daughter's learning experience enjoyable and fun.

Posted May 10, 2012
This school is very advance in education. It is always a positive environment to be in. The teachers exhibit positive energy every single day.

Posted May 08, 2012
I Think Our Lady OF Victory Is A Great School It Has Many Extracurricular Activity , Great Friends And Loving Staff. Teachers Are Determined To Teach Students And Help Them Learn And Students Are Willing To Listen To The Teachers. I Would Recommend This School To Other Children And Parents

Our Lady of Victory School
38 N 5th Ave, Mount Vernon, NY  10550
Last modified Our Lady of Victory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Victory School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top