PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

I would give this school a one if I could. My 2 yr old niece broke her arm at this school no one seems to know what happened. This school and its staff are unprofessional and irresponsible. Do not send your kids to this school unless you want them to come home with broken bones!!!

My daughter has gained basic skills at Milestone and has benefitted from small classroom sizes. Compared to other schools within the city, Milestone is great. However, the school lacks physical education and technology.

I love this school! Small class sizes with a strong focus on establishing excellent reading skills and a solid math foundation. The Upper School parents all seem like-minded in equipping their children with a strong education. If you can get past the aesthetics, this school is a GEM!

The Milestone School is an outstanding early education establishment. They focus on the importance of good beginnings by instilling self esteem in each individual both in the classroom and on the stage. The teachers are able to connect to the students, and in them build a passion for learning. My kids love to come home each afternoon and talk about what they learned. They are happy and I am happy. I have one child who left pre-k last year full on reading and adding. And another who left the nursery class able to recite our entire solar system. They go on field trips once a month. And have parent meetings and family events often. I can never thanks the Milestone School and Mrs. Freeman enough for igniting that fire in my children.

I'm disappointed by the lack of science, art and physical education in the program. Additionally, the school is near a busy road, which poses a serious danger if a child is able to wander out of the unlocked doors in the lower school. Finally, the principal, Ms.Freeman, is an unfriendly woman, and teachers are prone to shouting at students. My daughter won't be returning.

I am in agreement that the school is largely African-American, which is the major positive, but you will note that, for some reason, the teachers are not. They are older Italian ladies who seem burned out and don't stimulate or engage my child. There are 24 kids in my child's nursury class and only two older lady teachers who are stern and loud many times when I'm there. The children get no exercise during the day and there aren't any books in the classroom. I see they pack the children in and dont offer very much else. We will be leaving at the end of the year.

Great School! My son is in the 3's program and we love it. I am amazed by what he has learned so far ( writing his name, spanish, phonics). Great parents, teachers, staff and the head of school Angela Freeman is the best. The lack of space for phys ed may be a problem in the future, but hopefully the joint venture with TCR will make up for that.

Excellent educational program comprised of a strong reading and mathematics studies. We've been amazed with what out son was able to accomplish in three years. The teachers are dedicated, and while the Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers are relatively young and new, what they lack in personal experience they make up for in passion for their roles in educating young minds. They can, however, be a bit quick to label students (not just my own observation, but from discussion with other parents). Class size is reasonable at Pre-K and Kindergarten levels, but at grades 1-4 the population reduces significantly. Because the school has had no physical education in the past, many parents removed their children to "some place with some more room" This year the school has partnered with TCR (The Club of Riverdale), which is a sports club membership which has a children's program, to provide some level of Physical Education once a week. It's a step in the right direction, but requires busing to the facility(30 minutes round-trip out of the day). The school would be well served to consider moving to a larger space and have a more frequent phys. ed program. Small play area for recess.

THE TEACHERS ARE OUTSTANDING MRS. FREEMAN THE HEAD OF SCHOOL WAS BORN GIFTED IN BEING ABLE TO FIND THE BEST OF THE BEST TEACHERS. MY DAUGHTER IS SO HAPPY THERE AND I AM SO GRATEFUL THE MILESTONE SCHOOL IS STILL HERE AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE YEARS I SPENT THERE AND AM CERTAIN MY DAUGHTER NEVER WILL EITHER.

Teachers and administrators are aloof and nasty. Communication is poor, and there is no regular progress updates as promised.

Last modified Milestone School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4