PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am writing this review 14 years after my two daughters attended this school. They attended from pre-K2 to 3 grade. The academic curriculum was great but it was challenging. It is really difficult to find the right balance between the academics and making a child happy, confident, and looking forward to going to school. Also, each child is different; some kids are highfliers while others are more cavalier. I questioned if the school had the right balance for MY kids. Looking back, I think it did because it sort of squeezed every drop of water into the bucket until the bucket was full. Fast-forward to now, both my girls are doing great. The oldest one graduated from one of the top 10 public high school in Westchester at 17yrs old, had an A average, and is now attending a 4-year college. She struggled at ECM and even after that. The youngest child has always done well. She is now in the 10th grade and is an exceptional student. For both of them, I did notice a "dumbing down" of their abilities after starting public school but they have since adjusted. By reading these reviews, and speaking to other parents whose kids are currently enrolled in the school, the curriculum and the staff appears unchanged and stable. I would recommend the school to any parent who wants their child to have a solid reading, writing, and math foundation.

I am a Parent of 5 and have sent 3 of my children to ECM, it is definitely more academic based than most other preschools. A christian environment where the children wear uniforms and adhere to strong guidelines. It sets a good foundation for young children, organization, prayers, proper manners and homework routine are instilled. The negative is that when these children enter a public school system or even a private school that is not as academically driven, the 1st and 2nd grade is not challenging to them. In regards to tuition, I think it is one of the cheapest around for such a program. I drive 40 miles from another state so my 3 year old daughter can get the proper foundation.

I liked ECM for the fact that it is a Christian School and it will help put the fear of God in children from an early age, however academically, they were not so great. Plus the teachers are constantly doing side businesses in the school such as braiding hair and trying to sell various things. Each time I was there, the kids were sleeping, they had at least 2-3 hour naps everyday. When my child was in pre K 4, I was there at different times between 12 & 2:30pm and the kids were napping. They start making the 4 year olds to spell, when they have not even gotten the concepts of putting letters and sounds together to make words. Their system of teaching does not build a good foundation for children. Children there are doing a lot of memorizing and not getting the concepts. About the fees - they are so much into money and don't even give breaks especially when the children have off during spring time, storms, and winter breaks. School closed on the 2nd wk of June, we were still charged the full pay. I regretted sending my child there. It was a waste of my time, money and energy. It may work for someone else, but it did not work for my family.

I am back again for the third time because excellence and love is inspiring. My eldest daughter has moved on but was told that she is a part of the ECM family... she is welcomed back on breaks from her current school and for holiday celebrations..this is revelation power regarding the character of the teachers and leadership at this school. I now have a set of twins in the PK3 class who are excelling academically, emotionally, and spiritually. And yes there are children with leadership qualities that DO need to be tamed..I would know because God had blessed me with three of them. At ECM they are tamed with Love and respect for the individuality of each child. So whether its Ms. Sandy demanding that my son speak to her with eyecontact and allowing my daughter to massage her incessantly or Ms. Campbell, Ms Hay and Ms. Thompson diligently working to calm my eldest daughters drama episodes so that her full potential could be actualized. Or Aunt Marie, Auntie Sonia, Uncle Ian and Aunt Angie's private conversations with them all..it is the best money I am spending and a blessing that more than meets my expectaions each and every time.

Great ,school both my son and daughter attend this school. They test scores are above grade level. The staff are very caring and compassionate. I would recommend without any reservation

I am a proud mother of my 3 year old daugter Brianna that attends this school. I was told great things about this school before my daughter attend, but now I am a witness, the curriculm is excellent, the teachers of the Prek-3 program is God gift to all student that comes across their path, along with all the other staffs in that classroom. Ms. Sandy, Ms Keisha, Ms Pat, Ms. Valerie, Ms. Shanay and Ms. Adee...They really stand up to the "Motto of the school all things are possible with God". The love that is shown and the dedication of the learning method which are given to these student are a true blessing. This in one of the best investment that i have invested in...Much respect and love to the faces that I see every morning when I entered the school, the cheerful voice of Uncle Eion, Auntie Angie, Ms. Paulie and hats off to Auntie Marie for running such a outstanding school.

My two Godchildren attended ECM and were not happy. The curriculum is great. But the love the is based on who child is not a leader.."A child with leadership qualities has to be tamed", according to the principal..its better than public schools, but its not all thats out there...it your a parent who just cares about curriculum, then this school is for you...if you are a parent of balance and want more..then this school will not support you...the discipline is a joke!..physical activities a joke!...individuality... not at ECM!

I am back on the web again to praise this annointed school. My daughter has been at ECM for three years and it has been a blessing in all aspects. She recently took an entrance exam for an independent school and scored off the charts. ECM is second to none academically but it also provides children with skills other schools don't. Each child is treated as an individual. Discipline is separated from academic success. Self esteem is built through activities like scriptural memorization and reciting. Not to mention the end of year Spelling Bees and Awards Ceremonies. The standards are always set high, the children are expected to meet them and they always do. There is a sense that the children feel that their off at an Auntie or Uncle's house for the day where they had some school work to do. Hats off to the all the staff of ECM!

my child has been going to ecm for 2 years and she has been improving alot.The teacher that she had in 4th grade'mrs.oakman'taught her alot then she was learining in her old school in Our Lady of Victory.Now she is in 5th grade and it is fantastic.My prayer goes to all the teachers and Aunt Marie nd the rest of the great people she has.

My daughter has been going to this school for 5 years and I can not say enough about this school. The academic level is above par of what you find in the schools in the area.Not to mention the Love and pure unadulterarted caring that the teachers exude for each child is wonderful.

Last modified Emmanuel Children's Mission School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8