Nanuet, NY

Highview Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2009

Highview Elementary School 0

Posted January 27, 2009
This is our first year in the school district. We moved here from out of state. The school is top notch! My child had not been treated very nicely from the district we came from, but Highview's principal, teachers, counselor, etc all made it a wonderful transition for my fourth grader. He was labeled a bad kid in the old school district and had low self esteem. Everyone at the school worked together with us and he has no bahavior problems any more, thanks to their follow through and helping my child to reach his goals. He's also diagnosed with ADHD and through a specialized diet and the teachers and staff working with my son, it has been such a blessing. It's so great to see my son love school and now he feels valued as a child. The school is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone!! A+++.

Posted October 01, 2008
My last child just left the school and I had a wonderful experience. The principal is a great man. I am a teacher myself so I know that the school is wonderful.

Posted April 29, 2008
I cannot rate this school highly enough. My twins are both here, in 3rd grade, having moved here from the UK 2 years ago. They absolutely LOVE this school. The Principal is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, dedicated to the school, a man who gives more than 100%. The staff are ALL wonderful, teaching the children to a very high academic standard, mixed in with a lot of fun, and love and laughter. Both my children adore being at this school. From a Parent'spoint of view, the school teaches at the highest level of academic excellence, any small or significant learning problems are picked up on with lightening speed, and the children get extra help in weaker areas. My children are so happy at Highview, and I cannot recommend this school highly enough.

Posted May 04, 2006
Highview is a fantastic school, blessed with all of the teachers my daughter has been in contact with. The Guidance Counselor is a tremendous lady that dedicates so much. 'Bullying' which is very common that this age is not tolerated. There is a strong sence of committment at the school, from the secretaries that answer the telephone to the crossing guard who is always there. HV includes parents in everything. The after school sports program is excellent, floor hockey for girls, Grip and Rip Cardio Vasular and gymnastics. Music program is wonderful. Mr. Schlanger runs a fantastic school. I've watch him interact with so many of the kids. His opening speech this year was wonderful. I'm sorry that my daughter will only spend one year at HV, however my younger one will reep the full benefit of 2 years. I appaude the entire team.

Posted August 26, 2005
When I became the guardian of my child she was attending Highview and I was impressed with every one of her teachers, from her classroom teacher to her special ed teacher and her music teacher as well. They offer a wide variety of extracurricular activities for the kids and no child falls through the cracks at this school, in my opinion. The entire staff, including school administrators were empathetic, understanding and could not do enough to help us out in every way. She got the special help she needed in all subjects. I would recommend this school to other parents without hesitation.

Posted October 15, 2004
My grandaughter is a new student at Highview, and I am so grateful to all the staff there. They are wonderful, and incredibly dedicated, and caring people. They have all gone out of their way to help my grandaughter adjust to a new school. The support they provide is priceless. Its a wonderful feeling to know she is in good hands each day, and that everyone there genuinely cares about her. Thank you all for everything you do, not only for her, but for me as well!

Highview Elementary School
24 Highview Avenue, Nanuet, NY  10954
Last modified Highview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top