Bad
Good

Can't say anything good about this school so far! My child has been attending for almost 1 year (6th grade) and he's been bullied with no help from the teachers, dean or counselors. Other student's involved have not been punished properly until the situation escalated and other children were seriously injured. The dean will not look me in the eye, talks over students and directs them what to say (regardless if it's the truth). I was once assured by the dean that an accusation my child and I made regarding a teacher was completely false. After investigation, I was 100 percent correct AND when I asked for notes to be placed in my sons file regarding the findings, I was told it could not and would not happen, yet my childs file would still reflect the poor behavior on his part. Too many kids in a class! Common CORE is hurting the teachers and students. Looking to remove my child from this school!

I attended this school in the mid seventies and hated it. Though some of the teachers were good most were terrible and bullying was rampant. I hope that this school has improved since then!

My child recently started 6th grade and I am struck by the level of dedication and the passion of the teachers - passionate about their subjects and the students.. I am also impressed by the administration's commitment to making middle school a positive time - so much emphasis is placed on how students treat each other and the 'soft' side of being part of a school. Also, I love the range of extra curruculars available - from theater to robotics to UN club. So far it has been great.

We transferred our child from private school to this public school because of the well-known advanced curriculum and huge selection of co-curricular activities. We continue to be impressed by the dedication of the guidance staff, the teachers and all administrative support. When a Typical middle school drama occurred, the guidance counselor immediately stepped in and remedied the situation to the satisfaction of all. It is a large school with a small school feel; everyone knows my child, not unlike in private school.

I must say that I am very impressed by the level of dedication of the teachers in ALMS. Not only do they have excellent academic standards, their level of guidance and concern for the students is really impressive. Special shout out to Mr. Wallace and Mr. Konigsberg for their dedication and high level of standard. I hope there will be more teachers like you. I'm so glad my kids go to ALMS.

My daughter, who is currently a junior at the high school, absolutely loved her teachers and the school The course offerings are outstanding and the kids graduate fully prepared for the workload and advanced classes offered in the high school. My son is currently in 7th grade and is having a wonderful experience as well. My only criticism is that the school's website could be more informative regarding extracurriculars, forms, deadlines etc.

It's a good school with many excellent teachers. However, they overload With too much homework- a poor teaching tool. Also the PTA's activities do not reflect student racial Diversity.

I graduated from ALMS last year and I miss it so much! 6-8 grades were the best years of my life. As I was walking through the school for the last time, I was very sad to leave. I know I will have many great memories from ALMS and lifelong friends. Some people have addressed concern over bullying. I too, was bullied. However, I had some amazing friends, and we would always stick up for each other. If you have great friends too, it won't bother you. The tech ed program is great. I had Mr. May in 8th grade, and he was the best ever! I liked most of my teachers. The ones I didn't like were still highly qualified, just tough. Exception: Spanish teachers. Do not take Spanish at ALMS, the teachers are the worst, ever. Take latin or french or italian instead.

administration very uncooperative

this is the best middle school! the teachers are nice! we have fun sport teams! make friends fast!

Last modified Albert Leonard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.