Albert Leonard Middle School 1

Posted December 06, 2014
I attended this school in the mid seventies and hated it. Though some of the teachers were good most were terrible and bullying was rampant. I hope that this school has improved since then!

Posted September 19, 2014
My child recently started 6th grade and I am struck by the level of dedication and the passion of the teachers - passionate about their subjects and the students.. I am also impressed by the administration's commitment to making middle school a positive time - so much emphasis is placed on how students treat each other and the 'soft' side of being part of a school. Also, I love the range of extra curruculars available - from theater to robotics to UN club. So far it has been great.

Posted September 28, 2013
We transferred our child from private school to this public school because of the well-known advanced curriculum and huge selection of co-curricular activities. We continue to be impressed by the dedication of the guidance staff, the teachers and all administrative support. When a Typical middle school drama occurred, the guidance counselor immediately stepped in and remedied the situation to the satisfaction of all. It is a large school with a small school feel; everyone knows my child, not unlike in private school.

Posted May 06, 2013
I must say that I am very impressed by the level of dedication of the teachers in ALMS. Not only do they have excellent academic standards, their level of guidance and concern for the students is really impressive. Special shout out to Mr. Wallace and Mr. Konigsberg for their dedication and high level of standard. I hope there will be more teachers like you. I'm so glad my kids go to ALMS.

Albert Leonard Middle School 4

Posted January 22, 2013
My daughter, who is currently a junior at the high school, absolutely loved her teachers and the school The course offerings are outstanding and the kids graduate fully prepared for the workload and advanced classes offered in the high school. My son is currently in 7th grade and is having a wonderful experience as well. My only criticism is that the school's website could be more informative regarding extracurriculars, forms, deadlines etc.

Albert Leonard Middle School 4

Posted June 16, 2012
It's a good school with many excellent teachers. However, they overload With too much homework- a poor teaching tool. Also the PTA's activities do not reflect student racial Diversity.

Posted March 09, 2010
I graduated from ALMS last year and I miss it so much! 6-8 grades were the best years of my life. As I was walking through the school for the last time, I was very sad to leave. I know I will have many great memories from ALMS and lifelong friends. Some people have addressed concern over bullying. I too, was bullied. However, I had some amazing friends, and we would always stick up for each other. If you have great friends too, it won't bother you. The tech ed program is great. I had Mr. May in 8th grade, and he was the best ever! I liked most of my teachers. The ones I didn't like were still highly qualified, just tough. Exception: Spanish teachers. Do not take Spanish at ALMS, the teachers are the worst, ever. Take latin or french or italian instead.

Albert Leonard Middle School 1

Posted February 12, 2010

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted October 16, 2009

Albert Leonard Middle School
25 Gerada Lane, New Rochelle, NY  10804
Last modified Albert Leonard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Albert Leonard Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top