Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I went to this school and now all 3 of my daughters will as well, It has to do a lot with Parent participation and getting involved with PTA and other school activities. My daughter went through a rough patch on the first week of school in the 6th grade, but I quickly touched base with the counselor , ( who happened to be my counselor when I was there 27 years ago) , the Dean & Principal. I was able to express my daughters concerns as well and as mine as a Parent and together we were able to solve the issue quickly, professionally. When it came to the education and academics for my daughter the Administrative team jumped in and helped out. Thank you and I hope this helps any parent thinking twice about not letting their child go to Isaac..... We as Parents need to take responsibility as well and build relationship with our child that way communication is key at home and with school as well. BE INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILD's SCHOOL. I pay a lot in school taxes so I have a right to be there to see and observed my child's education.

The situation that I have experience, I call it the blind signs of discrimination. It truley saddend me to witness the racial comments to me & the administrative at this school are not aware of their work environment guidelines concerning the safety of the children. Parents are able to walk into the school grounds and pick up their children. The security is not well placed throughout the outside grounds.

This school is so amazing!!! Everyone says that this is a terrible school, but that's not true because this is an amazing school!!

I find this school to be sub-par. Some teachers are allowed to complain to the students at length rather than teaching. The students are not allowed to bring text books home to review. Spanish teachers would rather kick students out of the classroom and blame problems on the parents. The school counselor is too concerned with defending the teachers rather than listening to parent concerns.

This is a really Great school. My son just graduated, and he was given a lot of advanced classes to match his intellect and develop it. He took a lot of classes in High School, being an 8th grader, he took honors chemistry and trigonometry. Counselors are very proactive, they develop programs fit to each individual child. Teachers are very knowledgeable, friendly. Principal is like a father to students, he even meets students in the mornings near the school entrance. I definitely recommend this school!!!

Teachers, Counselors, Staff Administration, and parents are involved in the education, wellness, and success of their students. IEY has so much to offer their students. It has a well rounded education, sports, and extra curricular activities for our students and they are prepared to meet the challenges of High School.

I went to this school and now my granddaughter is there.....I AM VERY PROUD!!!!

I Iove this school because it has the best teachers who really care about their students. All 3 of my kids went there and they have really succeded in their lives now thanks to the teachers and staff at IEY. Good Luck

I.E. Young Middle School is one of the most diverse schools in the country with students representing 35 countries. This is a school where kids can truly learn to get along with people from all walks of life -- it's not theoretical, it's what this school is all about. The staff is extremely committed, caring and motivated and the school is filled with art, murals, flags from every state in the U.S. and flags from all the countries represented by the student body. In 2008 Metlife Foundation recognized IEYoung as a breakthrough school for the significant improvement in grades.The 8th grade accelerated biology program also has unique hospital mentoring program where students are assigned to with a doctor who guides them in conducting a library research project in their specialized field of medicine. Students benefit from working closely with medical professionals and the challenge of conducting a year-long research project.

i love this school its a very good school with good education and disiplin

Last modified Isaac E Young Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.