Posted February 06, 2011
My daughter attended this school last year. 2009-2010, I had to pull her out mid year. She was in kaliedescope, which is supposed to be for really smart kids but she had poor reading comprehension skills and no writing skills. The amount of homework given was almost nothing, I spoke to other moms whose kids attended other New Rochelle schools and got quite a suprise when they showed me the homework and school work their kids were receiving. It was like day and night. I complained to principal who was Mrs. Slotkin at the time without much success. . There are a lot of students from other countries which is a plus because kids get exposure to other cultures. The afterschool activities are federallly funded and are only available to low income families and kids that are doing poorly academically. There are a lot of social issues that this school has to deal with because of the area. They do a great job in this aspect by helping a lot of parents with social problems/.social needs.

Posted May 04, 2010
My child was in the magnet program at Barnard for 4 years, so I became friends with many of my child's peers.Barnard only goes up to 2nd grade and my child was zoned for Jefferson in 3rd grade I spoke to the mothers at the other New Rochelle schools and we compared homework, school projects, curriculum.and after school activities as well as field trips. I can honestly say the homework from Jefferson is lower standards than the other district schools. I became upset when the mother's whose children attended other New Rochelle schools told me about all the things their kids were doing in school in the same grade. When I did not believe my ears, I compared homework and saw with my own eyes. 4th grade homework at Jefferson looks like 3rd grade homework from Trinity and Ward School.

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted September 05, 2008
I'm so glad my brother and I got to attend jefferson school, now my son is attending and his needs are being met by amazing teachers.

Posted March 01, 2008
This is an exceptional school for all children. It is a caring environment that stresses kindness and quality education. The principal, assistant principal and staff is great. Thank you all for giving my children a quality education.

Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2008
Awful. Any parent with a special needs child should aviod this school at all costs. The administration ties the hands of its teachers at the expense of the students. Avoid!

Posted October 11, 2007

Posted July 20, 2006
Jefferson School lives up to it's mission, 'A high performing school that cares.' The principal, Cindy Slotkin, and the assistant principal, Susan Yom, are a phenomenal team that really leads the school to embrace all learning styles and needs. The staff is CARING especially the special education department. The after school program taught my kids to play tennis and golf. It's like a mini private school. It is the hidden gem of New Rochelle, we're afraid the word will get out and make the school larger. Yes! Do not let the scores fool you, the quality of education is top notch!

Posted January 30, 2006

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2005

Jefferson Elementary School
131 Weyman Ave, New Rochelle, NY  10805
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top