New Rochelle, NY

Posted December 12, 2014
This family oriented experience is something I was able to experience as a child and a parent! I was fortunate enough to be able to bring my child here and saw her grow so much! It really is a loving and comforting environment, I still have very fond memories with my experience as a child at this school. Very close knit. I have to state strongly that I truly believe if it was not for this school and camp experience here I would not have the personal growth and amount of personal relationships I do today. It has expanded me in many areas of my life along with my daughters, and the bonds you gain here carry with you through life!

Posted November 09, 2014
My daughter has had an amazing experience at Mount Tom. She has learned so much and has been exposed to many different activities both in the regular classroom and through their special classes. Most importantly she absolutely loves school and loves her teachers! We are so lucky to have chosen Mount Tom for our daughter's first school experience!

Mount Tom Day School 1

Posted June 27, 2014
The teachers and all of the staff here have not impressed me. my child is curious and loves to explore, but that was basically trained out of him. He doesn't enjoy the same outdoor games and activities he used to love before attending this school. The teachers basically make the children just listen to them. not much interaction going on. They also don't push children into activities outside of their comfort zone. if a child doesn't show interest in arts and crafts, for example, they are allowed to just sit off to the side doing nothing!!! this seems completely bizarre to me. Its almost as if they're saying, i don't want to do the extra work it requires to get you interested in something new. I would never tell anyone to send their child to this school!

Posted June 12, 2013
Absolutely wonderful! The attention and care that the director and teachers give to the students is excellent. The teachers are qualified and take a true interest in the children. My children learned so much, had fun filled days at school, and made wonderful friends. The school offers many enriching activities for its students that are both fun and educational. Yes, it comes at a high price tag, but in my opinion, it is worth every penny.

Mount Tom Day School 1

Posted September 21, 2012
The school is fine if your preschooler enjoys sitting still and listening. The teachers do not appreciate energy, spirit and inquisitiveness. The headmistress (wrongly) thought my twin boys were autistic. Needless to say, we quickly withdrew them.

Mount Tom Day School 4

Posted April 02, 2012
Mount Tom is a great school for your child. Unfortunately, it was too expensive for my child to continue for another year. If you can afford the tuition, I would highly recommend sending your child there!

Posted May 16, 2011
Mount Tom School and Camp are both wonderful. I cannot say enough about how great the teachers and facility are and how my son loves to go there. It is such a warm and loving environment, definitely consider Mount Tom!

Mount Tom Day School 0

Posted February 19, 2008
Mount Tom is a nurturing, loving, joyful school. Children are treated with respect and encouraged to grow and learn. Teacher support is excellent. Curriculum is interesting, age-appropriate and goes beyond the basic abc's. Definitely send your kids here.

Posted July 31, 2005
I found this school to be an excellent experience in learning for my daughter. It excelled in every subject, and was a safe and loving enviroment.It offered many different activities. It was a great school overall!

Mount Tom Day School