Posted August 25, 2014
I love this school!! From our initial visit I found everyone to be pleasant and attentive. All of our questions were answered and I never felt concerned about leaving my son there. Everyone in the school knew my son by his first name and he had a great time with all his new friends. He was in the tiny toys program. He learned so much and he can not wait to start school again in a few days.

Posted June 25, 2014
Firstly, Hope, you could not have made it more obvious that you wrote the last review. I agree with you on all points except for the one teacher you describe as "not nice and disrespectful to parents." I think you forgot how badly you treated her when she took over the class after the teachers child passed away! You made passive aggressive comments to her (that everyone heard) and then you proceeded to bad mouth her in the parking lot. You should be ashamed of yourself, and you owe that teacher a HUGE apology!!! She had to familiarize herself with the teachers plans and implement them, which she did, seamlessly. She's a sweetheart, who ignored you because you were SO rude! I'm glad you won't allow your son to get her, she doesn't deserve to deal with you again! With that being said, this school is only great because of the teachers. Both of my children went through this school from the 2's program through the 4's program. In their time there, all of the teachers remained the same, which was different from some of my friends experiences at other pre-schools. My kids were both reading when they graduated and their K teachers were so impressed!

Posted January 07, 2014
My daughter attended PSLC, for 3 years. This school is an academic teaching nursery school. It is structured. My daughter thrived academically. Yes, you are asked to bring in snacks and paper goods twice a year. The cost about 75.00, I did not have a problem with this. Your child will always have a snack and drink. As far as teacher feed back, you receive two progress reports yearly. The only parent involvement is donating supplies for parties. This school has a drop and go philosophy. Joan Godfrey, runs a strong program. She does wonderful pageants and parades for the children. The only improvement really needed is bathroom renovations. Most teachers are pleasant and responsive when spoken to. One pre- k teacher in particular is not nice and disrespectful to parents. I will make sure my younger child does not get her. This is a wonderful school, I would recommend it. Visit the school while class is in session. This starts in January, every year.

The Pre School Learning Center 3

Posted December 28, 2011
The Pros: Academically speaking, this school is great. My daughter went here for 2 years & it definitely prepared her for Kindergarten. It also provides for numerous social opportunities & a big perk is the inside gymnasium that the kids use during bad weather. The Cons: Very little feedback about your child's progress is given. Like another parent's comment, you really do have to make an appointment to get any real insight about your child's daily activities & how they are doing. I think this is the school's biggest downfall - poor communication overall. Even on the first day of school, almost no info is given. Parents new to the school just wander around wondering where to go and what to do. Also, the school claims to follow the New Rochelle public school district schedule (which means TWO winter breaks that you still pay for) - however, they seem to close for bad weather even when New Rochelle is open. And they don't warn you (when you are still thinking of enrolling) that you will be asked to provide about $60 worth of paper goods and snacks three separate times (that's an extra $180 in addition to tuition). Again, overall good learning opportunities but bad communication.

Posted March 05, 2011
This is a wonderful school with a strong focus on academics. My son attends pre-k and is reading WELL above his age level! The staff goes above and beyond expectations while laying a solid foundation for future educational growth and development.

Posted January 16, 2011
Great School. We are so pleased with our choice of school. Our son went to the pre-school learning center for 2 years and had excelled academically and socially. Teachers go above and beyond. Everyday is celebrated. Many projects are made, Holiday Pagents, Our son loves going to school and looks forward to going back everyday.

Posted May 27, 2009
My son went here for 1 year and that was for a half day Kindergarten because New Rochelle is still half day in Trinity Elemenatry. I wish I knew then what I know now, I would have put him in the Pre-School Learning Center the entire day. I love his Teacher, the staff is very warm and pleasant and I get a weekly update as to what he learned for the week and what they will learn the following week. The type of work he was doing was a little more advanced than Trinity (where he was bored). I found that they also focused a lot on reading comp.

Posted April 14, 2008
I think this school is excellent. My son would never have been prepard for kindergarten without attending this school

The Pre School Learning Center
95 Eastchester Road, New Rochelle, NY  10801
Last modified The Pre School Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
The Pre School Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top