No rating

St. Rose of Lima School

Private | PK-8 | 224 students

Living in New York

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $395,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Sweep tile

Posted April 13, 2014

I am currently enrolled in St. Rose of Lima and I don't like my school. The school lacks in extracurricular activities and the school doesn't challenge you. It's not a bad school, but it's not an excellent one either.

Posted September 24, 2013

Great School & Teachers! My daughter was in Pre K 3 last year and everyone has notice tremendously how much she has learned in only a year(Thank you Ms. Betty and Ms. Yolanda!). I love how they motivate and challenge our little ones. Even though most might think Pre k might not be all that challenging, it s curriculum is very structured yet nurturing and is paving the way for her to excel if the future. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 9, 2010

There is so much to say about St. Rose of Lima School, I am utterly blessed being able to be apart of the school's memory. I've attended the school since Pre-K and graduated on June 13, 2008 and I can tell you there is no place like St. Rose that is my second home where I grew up to become who I am today the teachers show their effort and determination in making students understand things in a better prespective. In St. Rose I became wiser and now I make better decesions, if there is any school parents want to send their child too it should be St. Rose, and i want to thank Mr. & Mrs. Lopez, Ms.Lopez, Mrs. Grant, Ms. Diaz, Mrs. Kwan, Mr. Cynthia, Ms. Joyce, ms. Spinks, Mr. Majeed, as well as Mr. Alvarez for all their hardwork God Bless.

Posted June 20, 2009

Being in this school has really shown me a lot. Ive been here since 6th grade and i have learned to love this school. I met many friends here which helped me become a better person. I will really miss st.rose and there teachers.I will never forget them because without them i wouldn't have been able to succeed. I will my my classmates and i love them a lot. class of 2009 will never be forgotten -Y.V (class of 2009)

Posted May 27, 2009

Being in this school for so long since Pre-K, I saw all the changes it has undergone. At one point I disliked St.Rose a lot but there were many reason to love it like my friends and teachers. I gained a lot of friends in St.Rose and I'm glad to graduate with all of them. They have become like family to me. I love them dearly and I don't know how I'm going to deal next year being without them. I love all of my teachers. All of my teachers put a lot of effort to teach the students. The school has made me what I am and I'm glad to graduate from a school like St.Rose of Lima. I will miss the school a lot. To all my classmates: I love you all and never forget the times we had in St.Rose of Lima together. -A.C. Class of 2009

Posted May 3, 2009

i am ready to graduate this year from St.Rose of Lima School i can say alot from my part of the school because ive been enrolled in St. Rose since first grade. I can say it has change so much during these past few years looking back at all the trouble the school has gone though its so worth it to look at the school ,my teachers and best friends and smile. I now stand strong and proud of my self for what i have achieved during these years and i am going to miss St.Rose so much , all i can say to the parents that do want to put there children in this school it is worth every penny of it .I love my teacher shes the best and i know she puts alot of effort in helping us thank you for everything Miss Lopez :]

Posted March 12, 2009

I feel that St. Rose of Lima School is a much better place this year than it has been in the last ten years. The students are happy and motivated to do well. The teachers are happy and are a pleasure to work with. I am delighted that my child is having a wonderful year. She comes home happy and smiling every night. I would not change the new prinicpal for anything else in the world. She is the best!

Posted February 2, 2009

So many parents want the former principal back. This new one is nasty to parents, students don't like her and the teachers don't look happy

Posted December 13, 2008

I can't say that there has been a lot of consistancy in the school. Sadly, the old principal of St. Rose retired, bring in the new principal whom has confused and disapointed the vast majority of us. Teachers range from apathetic to astounding, depending on the person you're talking about. The upper grades this year are doing far better than they ever have, with three teachers in place who actually teach--challenging the students, as opposed to simply passing them as many of the other teachers in the school do. I'm happy in some ways I've kept my child there. The teachers she has are doing their best--and my child is happy with them.

Posted October 18, 2008

I graduated on June 13, 2008 like my fellow classmate below! She and I can both agree that Saint Rose of Lima changed our perspective on a lot of things. For instance, I never cared about politics, but with the help of my Social Studies/ homeroom teacher (Miss Lopez) she intriugued us into focusing on the main ideas. Small things like respect, cooperation, determination, articulation, and motivation were learned by the 27 I graduated with. Up til today we still look back together on our memories as the family we have become. All with success stories to tell!

Posted August 8, 2008

I rcently graduated on June 13th from St. Rose and it was a good school. The teachers put all their effort into teaching but really the students make it hard for the teacher to actually teach better than they show.Miss Lopez you rock!!!

Posted June 30, 2006

My daughter is a recent graduate of St. Rose. she attended since Pre-K, and I have knowledgeable information that the teaching method are rather below average, as I was forced to enroll my daughter into an extra tutorial center. The capacity of her knowledge at an eighth grade reading, math and science level had been well less than average, which compelled me as a parent to purchase extra help (further stretching the family budget). Nevertheless, each year the tuition increased and much less of an effort were made by the teachers (perhaps, more so by the ones who were too nourish the upper-class). I have witnessed the lack of encouragement put forth by many of the teachers, and as a result numerous of the children were either held-back or attended summer. Further, there are no extracurricular programs for the children to attend like art, music (instrument or vocal),debate team or clubs.

Posted June 5, 2006

My daughter attends Pre-K at Saint Rose and I find that the school is very limited in resources. In addition, the school has large class sizes and it lacks extracurricular activities. Furthermore, the curriculum seems to include more busy work rather than hands-on activities that would promote thinking.

Posted February 18, 2006

Extracurricular activities in the recent past have been week, however are increasing as a result of new faculty members. There is a wonderful grouping of teachers with real abilities in the school who have come in this year, and are making it the great place it used to be.

Posted September 14, 2005

My daughter has attended public school from Head start to first grade. Since I got more involved with the education once I had my daughter left back from first grade I felt I needed to take action immediately. Her experience in public school in the first grade was not a good one. So this year decided to enroll her to in St. Rose the Lima. She just began the year and already I notice a positive change. She is not only excited to go to school every morning even if it take getting up a lot early than before. She is actually exited about homework, looking forward read a book, and she say her teacher is fantastic. I am very pleased.

Posted September 1, 2005

The school is average but it is better than public school. The teachers are courteous and the students seem to be obedient. My child has been there for several years and she enjoys her school and now my son is enrolled there.

Posted September 9, 2003

Saint Rose is a great school, it is fairly small so the principal and staff get to know your children. For me this is very helpful because the children know the staff and feel very comfortable with them making the transition from grade to grade much easier. What the school needs is more extracurricular activities to involve the children, otherwise I am very comfortable with what the school has to offer. It is one of the most economical and the teachers are well experienced professionals whose main goals is to enrich the development of their students. I am an alumnae of Saint Rose, when I entered High School I was very well prepared and discipline, I can honestly say that I did not have to struggle in school because I had a great base, and that is what is important.

Two or more races 2% N/A

Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

517 W 164th St