No rating

Mount Carmel-Holy Rosary School

Private | PK-8 | 48 students

Living in New York

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $496,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted September 6, 2013

My daughter is beginning her second year at MT. Carmel and we love it! She is entering the second grade and we are excited about it. The teachers are very loving and caring. The principle is nurturing and caring. I love that she knows ALL her students; from 1st to 8th grade. It is a small school with a loving and educational environment. We came from a charter school; which was good but in this school, my baby gets to learn music, arts and most importantly, she learns about God. WE ARE LOVING IT!

Posted October 14, 2012

Fantastic school! Our daughter is in the PK-3 program and we've been very impressed with the principal, the teacher and the program. Love how they take early childhood education so seriously! In addition to regular instruction, our 3-year-old's class also has weekly lessons with an art teacher and a music teacher. What's more the after-school program also has small group piano lessons at a pretty reasonable rate! The school was recommended to us by a friend and we feel very fortunate to have found it!

Posted September 3, 2012

I love this school, but the student body is very bad. The students are very rude and do not know how to respect one another. They're always picking on someone and are ALWAYS CURSING! but the teachers never seem to notice for some reason! So many bullies in this school.. and even if you tell the teacher or principal, all they do is give you a talk and call your parents. Even after that, the bullies still roam the school being rude.. I feel like the staff don't really care about what goes on.

Posted November 11, 2010

My daughter is currently in Kindergarten and she is doing extemely well. She first attended MCHR in Pre-K 4 when Pre-k 3 and 4 were together. This year they have separate classes which is really great. i would wholeheartedly recommend this school. The reason I choose this school was because at an early age my daughter showed interest in music and dancing. The principal Mrs Kaczynski is a wonderful prinicipal. My daughter's Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Villa is fabulous and she genuinly cares about the students. She does great projects with the kids and my daughter loves learning. My daughter recently told me that she wants to be a teacher just like Mrs. Villa.

Posted November 12, 2008

The school's principal Mrs. kaczynski is top-notch! She is an absolutely wonderful principal who loves her students and staff, treats the parents with fairness, encourages her children to strive for the best and has created an atmosphere for learning and demands student high achievement. I recommend this school to everyone who desires a quality education for their children. Go see Mrs. Kaczynski or Ms. Frances, school secretry who is excellent.

Posted July 29, 2008

My son attended this school last year for Kindergarten. He loved it there and his teacher, Ms Seltun was very patient with him and myself. The school has a lot of wonderful programs and the principal has done a great job with keeping the kids in line. The only problem that I had with the school was the willingness to get more academic programs pushed. They pushed the Music and Dance programs more. Even though still it is a great school and I am saddened that my son will not be attending next year since we moved out of state. If you are looking for a great elementary school, this is it!

Posted July 14, 2008

I have been a student of this school for many years now and I feel that this is an excellent school because their are many after school programs that help students strive for success.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 17, 2008

My son is in Kindergarten and this school is wonderful. His teacher has so much patience with him seeming he has ADHD and he has learned to calm down in class with her clever tactics to keep him in his seat. It is a close-knit family oriented school and I will be saddened when I have to take my son out due to us moving . The principal andd staff are great and really keep the children in check and make them strive for perfection! I highly recomend this coll.

Posted February 2, 2008

i have been going to this school for many years and have no complant. with a strict hand they teach your child discipline and catholic values
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 12, 2007

I have visited all of the private Catholic schools in Manhattan for my daughter before making my final decision regarding this school.Mount Carmel/Holy Rosary has the best programs like learning to play the violin, learning how to dance, learn how to play basketball, and more programs are becoming available through grants that Ms. Kazinski works nonstop to provide for the school. She is a lady that as soon as you meet her, treats you with kindness and respect. She is prepared to answer all questions you might have.Ms.Francis the school secretary is a caring and open person. Holy Rosary cares about their children. My daughter is Second Honors and this school helped her love to learn. The teachers are all very dedicated. They strive to make sure that if your child doesn't know something and struggles with any material,that by the end of the year they know it.

Posted April 23, 2007

While attending an Open House at the school and meeting with the principal, I was very impressed with the outcome of the school. The Principal is great, friendly and always around and involved 100%. She works hard to obtain capital improvement grants for the school. She conducts fundraising and part of the school s curriculum is music and dance. The school has a variety of extra curricular activities such as after school clubs in art, music, basketball and track team.

Posted January 9, 2007

This school is a school that will get you ready for a new life starting high school. When I attended this school last year, I had problems paying tuition. Teachers, principal and staff understood the problem I was going through. I thank the principal, Mrs. Kaszynski for being there for me and in believing that I can do whatever I want in life. She told me education... u must have.... and no one can take it from you. This school is not an ordinary school. Students work for their education once a week, prepares us to be independent and ready for what the future has for us. Gives us and opportunity to see what it takes to have an American Dream. I Give thanks to Mrs. Suzanne Kaszynski for helping me come through my obstacles.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Robotics/Technology specialist(s)

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Suzanne Kaszynski
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Italian

• Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Internet access
  • Library
  • Music room
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New York

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

371 Pleasant Avenue