No rating

St Adalbert Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 394 students

Living in New York

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $324,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Posted March 6, 2009

Terrible teachers, Wannabe Gangster Kids, and Awful Communication between Kids and Teachers. Teachers are to blame, they do not teach the kids well enough to be prepared for tests, In my opinion, its one of the worst catholic schools in the district

Posted January 23, 2009

I graduated in 1991 and have very fond memories of the school. When I attended, the school is rich with team spirit, a disciplinary prinicpal and teachers, an incredible support staff and just a wonderful environment. What I remembered most(besides great friendships) was that the school made learning fun. My son, who is currently in the fifth grade, is attending the school, with the same prinicpal. I plan on enrolling my younger son in a few years. I highly recommend Saint Adalberts.

Posted January 2, 2009

Average to below average teacher quality and poor communication between the school and parents make this school subpar.

Posted November 14, 2008

Amazing school. my daughter went there and ow she's 22 years old working in TV. My son 7, is now attending the school and it is as good if not better since my daughter graduated.

Posted October 20, 2008

I am now a senior in highschool and can still recall the amazing days at St. Adalbert's. I am one of four kids in my family that have graduated there and still have a younger sibling attending. Not once did I regret the experiences I had there, I loved it. It's such a heart warming place that not only cares about giving you a great education but about you as a person as well. The principle is beyond helpful and goes out of her way to give you the best experience you can have. Her faculty and staff are some of the best people you'll ever meet. Sending your child there would be the smartest and best thing you can possible do for him/her. There are so many times I wish I could just go back there. The atmosphere of the school is so family-like and they make everyone feel welcomed.

Posted September 22, 2008

This is a fantastic school.The kids and faculty are all so nice.There r never any scandels or other issues at this school and I know because i've been in this school since pre-k.The are alot of extracurricular activites availbe to the kids such as basketball,srcapbooking,band,soccer,and a lot more stuff.The principal is very nice and decorates the school for current holidays.She is a very nice person.If you live on Staten Island you schould definetly send your child(ren) to this school.

Posted March 1, 2008

This school is not recomended has horrible standards and does not do well on state tests.

Posted February 7, 2008

This is a great school to send your children to. They are so caring and wounderful. They have a lot of sports and afterschool programs to keep your child content. I love this school

Posted October 11, 2007

I go to this school and it's highly recommended. I'm in the seventh grade, the principal and teachers are truly helpful. In this school, there is a no-BULLYING zone! :)

Posted January 24, 2007

I went there for 8 years, graduated to St.Francis Prep, and will never regret going there. The principal is great, all my teachers were fun and great at what they did. I made so many friends there as well. It is an all-around fantastic school. I would definitely recommend it to a younger child just entering Kindergarten.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 13, 2007

I would not recommend this this school. The school only cares about tuition, is rude to parents and there have been scandals in the past. I was a former Student and found the school to be a sad state.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 27, 2006

I love this school, the kids from lower grade to higher grade knows each other and the Principal is always there watch the kids during lunch break. It is just like one family. If we weren't moving to a new place I am not taking out my kids from that school.

Posted March 20, 2005

St. Adalbert's is for children from Nursery School through Grade 8. The teachers are excellent. They emphasize discipline but their warmth and caring are never absent. There are lots of extra-curricular activities, including scouting, basketball, and baseball. The have a music program. All students have art class and computer instruction, in addition to the basic school curriculum. There is also an honors program for gifted students. They offer after school care for a small charge to accommodate working parents. Also, during most times off they have camp the children can attend. In this time of fiscal hardship, resulting in the closure of so many Catholic schools, St. Adalbert stayed open due to its consistently high enrollment and community involvement.

Asian 23% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Kathleen Maciej
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Brooklyn

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

52-17 83rd Street