No rating

Yeshiva Ketana Of Manhattan

Private | PK-8 | 19 students

Living in New York

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $1,035,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,110.

Posted September 21, 2013

There are no words to describe what goes on in this yeshiva. Visit--especially in the afternoon--to see for yourself.

Posted September 3, 2013

I was delighted to join the Yeshiva Ketana of Manhattan family. I had heard wonderful thing, and the families have good reputations. My experience was quite to the contrary, and I was compelled to enroll elsewhere.

Posted June 18, 2013

At this school, every boy--even those with learning, emotional, and behavior issues (and a surprising number has one or more)--graduates with all A's and solid E's for midos. Their high schools are in for a massive shock!

Posted June 18, 2013

these kids run wild at recess--screaming and fighting and kicking and punching. they behave terribly in the classroom. the nice kids are influenced by the rudeness and lack of respect. disgraceful.

Posted October 28, 2012

I have three sons presently attending YKOM, one in 8th, 5th, and pre-1A. As a member of the parent body for eleven years now, I feel well-equipped to share my view about this institution. In brief, it is a school best characterized by the loving, caring, personal attention it provides each and every student. It imbues all with a profound love of HaShem and His Torah, as the Rabbaim embody everything one would desire in their own children. Regarding the general studies department, it is certainly a respectable, quality part of the boys' education, one that is gaining strength on an annual basis. Furthermore, my family has been privileged to receive the professional guidance of the yeshiva s administrators during sensitive times of each one of our children s development. That insight has been instrumental in helping us provide the best parenting possible. Most importantly, though, it is a yeshiva whose educators share a common goal, that being to foster sterling middot that will set the students on the right path for a lifetime. My only regret is that I did not have opportunity to attend when I was a boy!

Posted January 5, 2012

YKOM is a great school with fantastic teachers who are very warm and nurturing for secular and religious studies. In addition to a great education, children are taught how to be respectful to their elders as well as each other. My experience there was awesome, to bad I only realize it now that I am married with my own kids. Additionally, when I subsequently went to high school, I was far ahead of my peers.

Posted February 20, 2007

It is a very good school for kids who need chalenges smaller classes.
—Submitted by a student

Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Gideon Goldberg
  • All boys
Affiliation
  • Jewish
Associations
  • NSHDS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

346 West 89th Street