West Side Montessori School

Living in New York

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $799,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,580.

Sweep tile

Posted August 31, 2013

WSMS is a phenomenal school that has excellent administration, teachers and PA. I love the fact that they fundraise annually for their scholarship program which make it possible for children regardless of their family's economical status to receive great education. The support that a family receives during their time at the school is amazing. I had one child with special needs and one gifted; they both flourished during their time at WSMS. If your child has a need set, you can believe that it will be accommodated in the most supportive and therapeutic way. The Montessori educational philosophy is employed at every turn and shines through during your child's tenure at the school. WSMS exmission process is the best I've ever seen! I'm some what jealous that I didn't have this level of support throughout my educational journey from elementary school to post-graduate. Our two years at WSMS was a wonderful one with both trials and errors but thank goodness it wasn't one that we had to do alone. We will miss everyone at WSMS but never forget the friends we met along the way.

Posted May 30, 2013

Our daughter has attended West Side Montessori School ("WSMS") for two years. We think that WSMS has given so much to our daughter. The program is innovative and dynamic, incorporating the important elements of a Montessori education. Our daughter is now more independent and able to do certain things. The teachers are excellent. They provide customized attention to each child based on his or her needs. The school community is very friendly, with the administration on top of everything that happens and the parents staying involved. We have seen other schools, and we think that WSMS is by far the best school we have ever seen.

Posted October 14, 2008

I visited the school during my prego times, back in 03. I couldn't wait till my son was born to attend. He know is 5 yrs. old this is is his last year. I loved it the teachers love everything wish it can go to high school even college. Parents help alot in the school. I'll make sure if i have more kids i send every last 1 there. Mimi i love you.

Posted September 4, 2008

Great school, superb teachers and intelligent programs! Although being initially very shy, my child has flourished there both intellectually and spiritually. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 26, 2005

Great school, love the staff. Would maybe like the class rooms to be a bit smaller. Great financial aid.

Posted September 28, 2005

WSMS has been a very good school for our son who is in his 2nd year there (4 yr old). They set up classes w/ ages 3 -5 yr olds all in the same class. We thought that was odd but it seems to work. The teachers he had were all excellent. He had 3 teaches for his class of approx. 15 kids. It was very good for his scoial skills as he entered a bit shy in new surroundings and withing the 1st few months was really doing great. We sent him to 2 of the summer programs at WSMS which made his adjustment very easy - I would highly advise that for new students. It is a very proactive school so be prepared to pitch in as a parent. In general I would say your in very good hands with your child at WSMS.

Asian 9% N/A

Associations
  • AMS
  • NAEYC
  • NAIS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori