No rating

Al-Madinah School

Private | PK-12 | 678 students

Living in New York

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $709,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,870.

Posted August 26, 2014

This is the best school I have ever been to every single thing in it is good because the principles help keep the academic classes better and the keep every one organized !!!

Posted November 3, 2012

the majority of the comments that compliment the school are done by the principals.. My mother is a staff member who overheard them talking in the teachers lounge.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 23, 2012

Hello everyone. I am a parent whose two children are enrolled in this school. My children were placed here after I removed them from public school. Therefore, this review will be based on my contrasting experiences with public school system of NYC and Al-Madinah. First of all, the reviews stating that instruction quality is poor in academics is completely false. EVERY single teacher there is competent in his or her subject. How do I know this? The school adheres to CCSS (common core state standards), the very ones teachers were applying in lessons in their former public school. Teaching is done with a purpose and goal. Homework is assigned almost every single night and the projects are rigorous. It is up to the *student* to apply him or herself, just like in anything else. I have sat in one classroom for instruction to observe the quality of the lesson before I admitted my children and it was comparable to the previous public school.

Posted February 23, 2012

Second, the staff members are very kind, including the leadership that runs the school (principal, assistant principals). They hold themselves accountable when I call them or have a reasonable request I am following up on. I am not saying this is not happening in public schools but I want to make clear that the building is indeed run by professional staff. I am tired of others bashing this school. Ultimately, I have seen, it is up to my children to apply themselves under the guidance of their teachers. This is not merely a religion-first, academics-second, school. The Islamic studies are present in full force of course but I want parents like me to realize that the quality of education is on par with other institutions such as public schools.

Posted June 22, 2011

worst school ever dont waste your time here your child can learn better at public school and for the islami quran and arabic put your child in weekend class in the masjid or you can find these courses online. public school are thousand time better. there stink in acadamics and relgious classes.they have teachers who just dont teach and dont know how to teach. and those teachers let their students cheat on the regents !

Posted April 29, 2011

this is the best school ever. it engages it many great activities. It teaches great manners. It also serbes halal food. mash allah may allah help keep on going!!!

Posted January 18, 2011

I truly like the Islamic Education and Quranic Studies at Al Madinah School. I believe that if my children were raised in my country they would not have received the same level of Islamic Education. Academics can be found at any school, but not any school can teach Islam. My four children have excelled throughout their education in Al Madinah School without any efforts from me.

Posted November 1, 2010

Excellent school. Strong Principal leadership as well as great quality of teachers . I have 1 5th grader and 2 pre K children in the school. Amazing within one month of attending my 4 year olds are speaking Arabic and some Spanish, as well as identifying English and Arabic letters, numbers and words. Couldn't be more pleased. The school, teaches the children respect and discipline. And most important, the children enjoy going to school they have fun learning.

Posted September 8, 2010

A great school has excellent teachers, strong principal/school leadership, and challenging academic programs... If you're looking for it here, you won't find it! My entire class pretty much failed a mid-term because our teacher taught us nothing that was on the test. We wrote a letter to the principal saying it was unfair and that we all have to fail because the teacher made a mistake?? The principal did nothing but take the letter and show it to the teacher & the teacher made our lives a living hell after that! The school gives terrible education, is dirty & disgusting. They don't even have a real gym class, they take you outside in the backyard & tell you to do whatever while the teacher takes a nap. Last year one of the 7th graders found a condom in the backyard during "gym class"... The worst school ever, trust me.

Posted May 1, 2010

this school is unprofessional and very bad you have no mercy for you students this school doesnt deserve to be opened it should shut down and i agree on that 100%

Posted April 18, 2010

I've been going to Al-madinah for about more than a year... I learned nothing in that time! The school is a waste of time, and mostly money. I hate going because everyday I come back and have to ask my dad for more money just because they want us to pay for new this or buy that, its completely ridiculous! Most of the teachers either teach badly or just don't care. Very few teachers actually helped me when I needed it! They split up the boy and the girls but that does nothing because they still date and all of the same stuff they would do in a public school but the only difference is that you're paying for it! Take my word for it. I'm a current student!! And I will transfer soon that's for sure!

Posted December 16, 2009

I am an ex-student of Al-Madinah School. I entered in grade 6 and completed my high school in Al-Madinah School. It is a very good school, the academics, and religious studies are very rigorous and students are always given opportunites to face challenges and succeed. When I entered Al-Madinah School, I did not know how to read English correctly, but after a few years, I was able to read and and express myself. I am very thankful to all the teachers and principals who helped me succeed. Teachers are very caring and help students. Today, I am in college, and I am planning to complete my college education and contribute to Al-Madinah School. I will take pride to be a part of Al-Madinah School.

Posted October 17, 2009

Al-madinah School is very abominable,and it has no expectations from anyone. Its a prodigality of your money. They are very vulgar they don't spend any of the money on the school. The teachers are careless of everything. Anyone can do anything during school, and mostly everything is disarranged. The location of the school is like the dead end. There are barely any activities. You need to buy everything and still the inside the school its all annihilation. I'm very agitated about this school its nauseate. I have no more to say.

Posted May 25, 2009

Al- Madinah school is just not up to New York state standards. The ebviromenft for learning is filthy and tacky. The academic level is wary below standard, and the school should be for religioun only. The students are not being taught etuquette or sportsmanship which plays a large role on Islam.

Posted May 24, 2009

i have been in this school for 5 years so far and i cant thank them for what they did for me. i learned new surahs which is good. alhamdulilah. mashallah this school is wonderful

Posted January 25, 2009

Horrible!! never expected an islamic school to be like this..the islamic studies,quraan and arabic are good but other than that no!! this school is best for K-6 ! the students are very rude, mean,spoiled,careless, etc, some students if your lucky are nice! i dont reccomend any1 there..waste of money! thats all ic an sayy..i hope what has happened to meh happens to any one else!

Posted December 31, 2008

Al- Madinah school is the best school. My children first were in public school for six years and then are transferred to Al-madinah school. And I can tell the difference. now they are more behave and responsible and much much much better in Arabic, Quraan and islamic studies, and That all I need.i predict a growing and bright future for this school. Nobody can ignore the tremendous effort those teachers and board people doing for our children and our islam. Gazahoom allah kul khayer. Thanks for all the Al- madinah staff, a parent.

Posted October 28, 2008

Al-Madinah is good in the islamic studies, arabic, quran course but it does not supply much in the academic course. I talk from 3 years of experience and I do not think this school is not so great nor good either. Other schools provide even the most simple uses better than that school.

Posted October 27, 2008

I think that the school is wonderful. Al-Madinah has helped build a foundation for my children islamically. Since they started so young at the school, they have been taught great moral values. My children are excellent in the school. I love the fact that if you are a parent, they allow you to communicate better with the teachers. Its very clean and Im glad that halal food is prepared on premises. Wonderful

Posted June 6, 2008

This school is wonderful, it wasn't good at first but a lot of changes has been added. AL- Madinah is like a home filled with peace and can build and grow a child to become a sucessful adult in many ways.

Asian 27% N/A
Two or more races 5% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Zenab Elkady
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Islamic

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

383 3rd Avenue