Bad
Good

My son just transferred here from a state approved nonpublic Special Ed school that was just glorified babysitting and didn't believe in the kids. At TEP they believe in my son. Turns out that is all he needed to really succeed. All the other schools my son attended complained constantly that they couldn't get him to focus. At TEP they just ask how they can help. And then they help.

I ve been working with TEP Charter School since we started in 2009, and am currently serving as TEP s Founding Director of High School Preparation & Enrichment. It s been an incredible learning experience for me; I work with brilliant, dynamic, and hard-working people who care deeply about creating an excellent school for students who deserve an outstanding education.

There's always room for improvement so 4 stars leaves that room. However, the school proves to be a solid, hard working, a big hearted place that is always striving for the"5"stars; for the sake of the children, families and teachers/staff. The principal Zeke Vanderhoek has shown strong and solid leadership. He has a clear vision, works very hard,is involved with ALL aspects of the school and has committed himself to hiring the best qualified teachers, holding them responsible to the vision/goals/and kids. The Social Work staff is the finest I have encountered. As a social worker myself, the men and women in these positions (1 per grade) get to know the kids, are a part of a team of adults working to maximize your child's social, emotional and academic success. The whole school seems focused on the whole of the school and the whole of the child. Gym is daily, music is daily. The teachers are specialists in these fields. The school's admin staff and principal are transparent and accessible. They are always working on maximizing communication. We did not HAVE to go this school. I am very glad my children did go to the school.

This school is way better than it's 1 rating. My daughter started last year in 5th grade and I've seen such a huge difference in her learning. When she comes home to tell me what she has learned, I find this amazing. This was not the case at her previous school. She struggled so much. The teachers at TEP are wonderful, innovative, and do sincerely care about the students. I give TEP a 5 rating! Go TEP!

Last modified The Equity Project Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.