Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have 2 kids in this school and i love it the teachers are great

I have three children in this school my oldest is in 4th grade, he has been there since he was in early headstart, my other son is in second grade and has been there since headstart, my youngest is in kindergarten and I must say the school has definetly changed, you have some teachers that love what they do and you have some that are just collecting a pay check. The school acts like english is a second language, even alot of the staff dont speak any english. I do not recommend this school to anyone bringing there child i am currently looking for another school to put my children in!!!

My son just started there for second grade and i am not pleased at all .They send home easy homework that he was doing in kindergarten . I am not pleased with the stories he tells me every night about how the lunch lady is very mean to him . Today my son mention to me that he drop his milk and the lunch lady scream at him in Spanish . My child ask if he can get another milk because he was still thirsty she said "no clean up now"..I am a single parent just trying to make ends meet now I'm going to have to take off work and speak to the school . This kind of behavior should not be going on and I am scared for my child safety . I'm am desperately trying to put my son back in his old school where it's children of all race and where they speak English .

This school focuses on ALL areas children need to develop, including gym and Art!

My Daughtter attends PS 5. From the very 1st day of classes I was pleased with the teachers, my daughters safety while in school, and the discipline. Although my daughter has not been involved in any extra curricular activities just yet, I had the pleasure of seeing a holiday preformance that she and all of her classmates as well as teachers worked very hard on. I look forward to our future years with PS 5 as my son will begin Kindergarten there next year and my daughter will continue on.

This school is pretty descent. My son attends there for the past 4 yrs. He is now in the 3rd grade. Although the lunch lady is stern it is all for the best. Teachers are very good especially the science teacher. It is also a Children's aid society and contains many cool clubs for kids.

Last modified Ps 5 Ellen Lurie is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.