Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 25, 2016
I am a Parent of a present Senior at Park East H.S. I honestly can say that CPE from the very moment we walked through those doors we received such a truly comfortable and welcoming introduction that it lay to rest so much anxiety for all of us. I was and I am still impressed with the staff at this school who put a lot of energy and time into the kids. My daughter felt and still feels safe, relaxed and well informed to prepare her for college. She's has always been a A student and they given her the extra boost to succeed in furthering her education and future. We have NO regrets. The Principle and staff including security are excellent and I would recommend this fine Public High School who want their children to advance in knowledge and respect. If your a parent who is involved , care for a good education as well , be active in their children's lives and support the staff. I strongly recommend this School. One last thing we are from the Bronx and for the most part HIgh Schools here are terrible. Allowing our Girl to travel out of the Boro to attend CPE was one of the best decision we made.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 25, 2016
I want to thank all the Teachers and Principle for going the extra mile not just for my child but all the students that come through CPE.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 25, 2016
They put energy and time into their students. They look and communicate with staff to get material,organizations,sponsors to help those students maximize their education not just in books but with society and family

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 25, 2016
I believe it was plenty but just a bit to much when various classes request researching and writing at the same time with extreme short dead lines. I love that plenty of homework was given to keep and prepare the student but staying up to 3 or 4am to complete the task at hand for all the classes on a regular bases was over kill and stressful to the students. More balance on homework and reasonable time is needed. No one likes to see their child burned out completing assignments and crying at 3/4am in the morning regardless if they are a A /B/C student. That is a issue. Balance is truly needed their.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 25, 2016
No humiliation, No disregard to students the Staff was very active in showing kindness,compassion and information.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 25, 2016
The staff from top to bottom listen and communicate with the students giving them the material, ear, and purpose with all the students no one was left out. Open communication, honest efforts build the character of my daughter and her classmates.

Posted December 22, 2013
I love this school. I didn't want to attend this school when I was in 8th grade, and I planned to transfer after my freshman year. After attending this school for a few months, I don't think I'm going to transfer. The teachers are funny. The classes are under control. There aren't any flights. We get a lot of homework sometimes but I expect that in high school. Because it's a small school, teachers are able to make sure the students get the help that they need. I'm only considering transferring schools because I want to go to a bigger school that's well known.

Park East High School 4

Posted January 03, 2011
This school really helps students and specially the teachers and office staff. I recommend these schools because students are treated with respect and many of them feel at home.

Posted December 07, 2010
i love this sCHool is so fun all the student are nice teacher are funny AND WE TO OUT FOR LUNCH

Posted October 01, 2010
As the parent of a teacher at Park East High School, I have had the privilege of experiencing "Thanksgiving Dinner", sporting events and interacting with students & faculty. The media often focuses on the negativity in NYC schools and I would like to take this opportunity to discuss the caring & supportive interaction witnessed between the students and faculty at Park East H.S. It is common knowledge that it is important for parents to be involved in the lives of the children and "school community", sadly I did not observe a strong influence of parents, what I have observed was the extended roll the teachers take on to fill the need for positive adult influence in the lives of the children at Park East H.S. The Board of Education, the Mayor of NYC and the Federal Government should focus on more than just the grading standards! The teachers at Park East H.S. not only go above and beyond to help the students reach the goals set by the D.O.E., they assure that their students are given their support and provide a safe and caring environment. If the powers that be continue to cut funding for education, the schools of NYC will lose the teachers who truly care about making a difference.

230 East 105th Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Park East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.