/ School Profile
New York, NY
Students enrolled: 1,763

High School for Health Professions & Human Services 3

Posted February 26, 2014
Time to begin my rant. I'm currently a freshman at the school and I think the only thing the school could be even slightly proud of is that it's the old Stuyvesant building. There are only 6 teachers out of the 11 I've had so far that are at least decent and 3 that care if you are properly learning or not. The students in the school are not all bad, but those who aren't bad are mostly the shy ones who are unable to learn because of the latter (students and teachers). The staff is incredibly rude, and some of them even call students improper names (not exactly profanity). When I came to the school, I expected way better. But instead, after taking 2 and half years of French and passing the proficiency with a 97, I was FORCED to take Spanish which is not a language I really prefer learning. Even after that mishap, turns out I got a terrible teacher who takes off points for no reason. I've always got 95-100 in French but now I'm finding myself receiving erroneous zeros. There is even a Geometry teacher I have whom jokes around with the class, shooting curses here and there, that cannot teach properly. If I fail the Math regents, I'm blaming it on him. I've already excelled with two.

Posted February 21, 2014
I graduated from this school in the year of 2006. I had experiences with this school, and I am proud to say that I graduated from this school. I am currently a nurse and I believe it is through HPHS.

High School for Health Professions & Human Services 4

Posted September 10, 2011
I am currently a junior at this school and I have to tell you that this school is not as great as it sounds. There are some extremely rude and disrespectful students. There are only some teachers that are actually involved in your work. However, the AP teachers are great. They work hard to make you succeed. Those classes are excellent but of course very hard. The science programs are good. They give you a lot of knowledge you need to go into the medical profession. This is not the worst school ever but it's not the best either.

High School for Health Professions & Human Services 2

Posted August 25, 2011
I am a former student who graduated in the class of '09. As other reviews have stated, there are quite a few negative points to this specific high school, however, there is some good. Unfortunately, the former outweighs the latter, so let's start there. Everyone in their high school years have a few teachers that were difficult or strict, but at HPHS, there are some surprisingly terrible teachers; there are some that are actually manipulative and intentionally insulting. However, there are others that give extra attention, care and pleasantries to their students - yet this is rare. I had more problems with the teacher's lack of concern than I ever had with any of the students. Upon entering college, I felt unprepared and only taught how to pass a test rather than a deep understanding of any applicable concepts. For a public school, this is not the worst school, but it is lacking in many regards; school spirit, parental involvement, funds for recreational activities (such as trips or more sports teams or more instruments). I do not regret going to this school, however, a part of me - whenever I listen to others talk about their high school experience - feels gypped.

High School for Health Professions & Human Services 2

Posted February 03, 2011
I am currently a junior here at this school and I must say that even though I can see that the current principal is trying his hardest to try to make this school into something that someone can be proud to go to, but it just seems a bit hopeless. The teachers are horrible there are only a handful that actually helps you to succeed and really are anxious and trying to provide tutoring after school in their subject, but the rest of the teachers are people who can't even teach or care. The names of their programs SOUND great, but they are just a veil of words to cover the below average work. Now it is mandatory for students to take the foreign language regents,but how can anybody possibly score a passing grade at all when the teachers don't even know how to teach their own students the language at all!! I don't really recommend this school because it is over crowded and most of the students are bad and rude. Some of the teachers even disregard their disruptive behavior! It's absolutely ridiculous!

High School for Health Professions & Human Services 0

Posted April 29, 2010
I attended this school from 2004-2008. First of all I must say that the only good thing that I took away from this school were the lasting friendships that I made. As far as teachers go, I can literally count on one hand the amount who truly care about their students. I can personally write a novel about the all of the situations in which teachers were rude and inconsiderate towards students. Allow me to say here that I was an AP student and I am currently attending a highly prestigious four year college. NO thanks to health professions high school. The teachers are mediocre and although it is a math and science school those who teachers these subjects are the worst in the whole school. Please do not send your children to this school.

High School for Health Professions & Human Services 0

Posted September 22, 2009
The school is awesome, the teachers are great & every student should come and see this school

Posted September 20, 2009
i love my school becuz it rocks it give you everything yu need and pushes yu to do yur best and be yur bestt :))

Posted July 15, 2009

Posted June 29, 2009
My daughter is now attending this school and has great subject scores and learns alot of stuff. She could even teach me

High School for Health Professions & Human Services
345 East 15th Street, New York, NY  10003
Last modified High School for Health Professions & Human Services is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High School for Health Professions & Human Services Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top