/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted March 10, 2013
Has very good teachers. There are a couple of teachers who take their job serious but at the same time make the class fun for the student by joking around with them. The principle is amazing I love him. I come from a middle school where the principle never said good morning and she was always mad. This principle does his job right and always has a smile to offer. Hes such a sweetheart, i love it. In gym they make you work out, i mean REALLY work out but I dont ever regret choosing this high school. Plus a bunch of trains take you there the 1,2,3,4,5,J,R,Z,A,E, its an excellent school.

High School Of Economics And Finance 3

Posted June 21, 2011
- Great in preparing students geared towards the business world with a few intro courses to economics, accounting and banking. - Had a wonderful internship program that helped students build their resumes and obtain experiences in various fields. - Fair share of new teachers that come and go, overall I rate the teachers abilitiies a 7/10. - Very diverse class, but pre-dominantly Spanish, African American, and Asians I believe due to the proximity to Lower East Side. - I recall lacking in afterschool programs, although there were some.

Posted March 19, 2010
I must say the principal is tough but great and every single one of those kids are all his. The parent coordinator is amazing.. Shes like the school mom. The teachers are great, though i had a situation with one, in the end his intentions were not bad, ... I love this school.

Posted May 31, 2009
This school is amazing! My child attends it and i couldn't have asked for a better school fro my child. The courses are very challenging, but beneficial in the end. The teachers are great; they really show concern for my child and they make me feel confident about my son's high school education.

Posted November 16, 2008
This school is wonderful! my son is thriving and doing better here then in any private school he has ever been in the staff and teachers are the best. Really wonderful principal

Posted October 29, 2008
H.S of Economics is a wonderful school. The teachers are all very inviting and friendly. Most of the kids are great. The kids are motivated to try and go way beyond their regular school hours but to get involved in many other areas

Posted October 29, 2008
HSEF is a very good school for learning about business

High School Of Economics And Finance 4

Posted April 22, 2008
I wish all NYC public high schools were like Eco, the college preparation I received my junior and senior year could not be topped. The relationships I built there are everlasting.

Posted August 07, 2007
The school acedemically is pretty decent. The college advisors and guidence counselors are very good and are involved with the students. Most of the teachers are good and teach very well, while on the other hand some do not care and would just pass a kid to behave during the semester. One of the main problems I have noticed after attending this school for 3 years is that every year the incoming classes get worse and worse. The school is now more violent, and has crime in it. Other than those few kids, the school is good.

High School Of Economics And Finance 4

Posted June 18, 2007
This school is great in the academic field. It's business classes cannot be matched by any other HS in the city. However, there is a behavior problem with some students. Kids come from all over the city to this school and the problem can be controlled with a more strict code of ethics and standards.

100 Trinity Place, New York, NY  10006
Last modified High School Of Economics And Finance is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High School Of Economics And Finance Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top