Posted September 04, 2014
I suggest to all the parents which kids were accepted to TU to get your child to participate in the shadowing program. My daughter was able to go to all the classes which she will have in 9th grade with a Musical Theater student in TU. It was an amazing experience. I also particpated as aparent and sat thru many of the classes and I was impressed. TU is up to par academically and in the ARTS.

Talent Unlimited High School 1

Posted August 25, 2014
My daughter just got accepted to this school, and as of mid August we have not yet received any orientation information. So I contacted the Parent coordinator who rudely informed me that it was alright and that my daughter would be able to keep up ...then she hung up the phone. I am besides myself! Can't imagine that this is a TU representative. Looks like TU will be a very short lived experience. they were number one on our list...so the adage what you "read about, hear and see" does not always apply. It's what you experience that matters.

Posted April 25, 2014
Congrats to all on a great show today!!! My daughters have been mostly happy here... TY! Neal H. Hurwitz (Sofia)

Posted April 25, 2014
My daughter is a junior in musical theatre at Talent Unlimited High School of the Performing Arts The administration is thoroughly committed to making the students college ready by devloping college level and AP courses that all students are encouraged to take. The results have been spectacular as US News and World Report ranked it last year in the top 5% in the United States for their academinc achievement. The teaching staff makes a point of making sure no students get left behind by offering extra help as well as special services.The Performing Arts departments are not to be believed. I have never seen so many students from very diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds so completely engaged in their particular performance areas. The joy in the faces of both the students and instructors is so obvious. It is an expression of their positive experience and achievement. Every day, each student is engaged in a performing art that they have a true passion for and are taught by instructors that share the same passion. My daughter will be extremely well prepared for college while enjoying tremedous growth in her artist discipline. If there was a "6" star, I would have checked it.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a wonderful school, my son in a Jr. and he is a musical theatre. Not only do the focus on the arts but the academics as well. I am very happy with our choice.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school is a great school , they give a great amount of experience in the arts working with proffesional teachers from the broadway, dance, vocal, drama, and instrumental world. Academically this school offers ap classes , advance regents diploma , and college credits With no hesitation .

Posted October 23, 2013
This is a wonderful school and we are very pleased to have chosen it and for my daughter, now a sophomore, to have been accepted here. The academics are challenging but not overwhelming and I feel my daughter is being well prepared for college. She loves her performing arts teachers and is getting an extremely valuable arts education. I could not be happier!

Posted October 28, 2012
TUHS continues to be a wonderful and fulfilling experience for our daughter who is now a sophomore. The teachers are superb. The administration incredibly committed to the academic and artistic success of the students. The students are not only intellectually alert and artistically creative, they also project a rare and welcoming sense of inclusion within the student body at large. We feel incredibly fortunate to be a part of it all.

Posted April 07, 2011
T.U is an amazing school where everybody knows each other and the teachers do their best job to educate their students. The only downside of T.U is that you have to walk up A LOT of stairs to even get to the main floor of the school OR you can take the overcrowded elevator that's operated by a rude elevator man. Also, the instrumental program could be better, if you plan on auditioning for instrumental music, your freshman year might be dissapointing do to lack of seriousness in the concert band. On the other hand, academics are AMAZING ! The teacher integrate the arts into their lessons, offer tutoring, and are always available to talk out outside issues with you. The school also has amazing after school programs such as the Step Team and Hip Hop team. There is also a Talent Show held every march which is where al students showcase there talents and even get to perform out of their majors required they get accepted into the show. There are tons of performances and school functions. Life at T.U is a wonderful experience for me and always exciting!

Talent Unlimited High School 1

Posted March 12, 2011
ugh...this school needs some serious help. The inside of it is so dull and dark, and because the building that its in shares about 4 other schools, you have to walk 6-7 flights of stairs to get to the actual school...or just take the overcrowded elevator. It's true that everyone knows everyone, but half the people pretend you don't exist! Most teachers are O.K. but some can get on your nerves, and some may use profanity in class. There are ZERO programs at the school, unless u want to join crochet or the school newspaper. There's a talent show in march ever year, which is pretty competitive to get into considering there is an audition&callback, and this year most of the students that got in are vocal or musical theatre majors and are gonna sing! so unfair..Most major classes teach well, but if you are a pianist do not go here. u don't learn much unless u want to count music theory class. There is no free period, and lunch is usually overcrowded and shared by an elementary school. Missing one day of school is like missing a week, and students usually have to do everything for themselves. The staff is nice, but the school needs more. Overall, I feel the school could do better..

Talent Unlimited High School
317 E 67th St, New York, NY  10021
Last modified Talent Unlimited High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Talent Unlimited High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top