/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted March 31, 2015
I hate this school.. my son has been attending for the past 4 years. And it seems like the teachers best excuse is "i have 30 plus kids I do not have the time to check their home work.". Every grade i link with other parents and share the same complaint of kids with more need are pushed to the side and the A+ students are being favored. The bullying in this school is enormous. My son is constantly getting bullying or Hit. my son came home and tells me how his friend got Jumped in the bathroom. His teacher got hit by a student and in one case a child brang to school a Hookah stick. There are no good activities. The after school is horrible, it was nearly a 3 hr playground area in the cafeteria that distracted my kid from the valuable information he learned during the day, he would come home with his h.w untouched, therefore the after school surved no purpose but a babysitting center for parents.

Posted March 01, 2015
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL but some of the student talk bad about them and family also they talk about things that they are not to know

Posted January 18, 2015
Whoever is saying negative stuff about this school is lying. I attended this school and this is one of the best schools in the area, and it's not the school that's bad it's the students that are in it, and the parent that is claiming that there child doesn't come home with homework done from after school, I would like to inform you that I went to that after school and the staffs might be young but they always help with homework and it's always the child that never wants to do it and the staffs can't do anything about it, so probably if your child will listen and obey the staffs than that wouldn't be a problem honey.

Posted March 31, 2014
My Son is currently attending this School and I am desperately searching to transfer him OUT. i get along with other parents and it seems like we all have the same issue. The school is easy to focus on the more advance students and leaving out the kids that need help. BULLYING is a major problem in this school: theres alot of fights in the school especially the Lunch room area: and not enough staffs to help control the situation. The after school program is a big joke, The staff are very young and seems like they are there to collect a biweekly check as oppose to help kids with hw. My son comes home with no hw done. I am truly disappointed in this school. My son comes home learning more adult topic then the actual subject. Seems like 50% of the school is promotion in doubt. The carelessness of the teachers to focus on kids that are having trouble is insane. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL. My son will have his state test tomorrow and at the end of the month and he is not ready. He gets ignored because teachers Favor the straight A students. This school is only pretty from the Outside, they need to focus more on what's going on inside.

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 3

Posted September 16, 2009

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 0

Posted June 16, 2009
I am very pleased with the overall performance with this school. The staff are very welcoming. All the issues that have had with my child have been resolved in a timely manner. My child loves his school and his teachers.

Posted September 04, 2008

Posted June 17, 2008

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 0

Posted February 05, 2008
This school is very good. My son have learned very fast.

Posted September 03, 2007

Ps 8 Luis Belliard
465 West 167th Street, New York, NY  10032
Last modified Ps 8 Luis Belliard is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 8 Luis Belliard Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top