Ps 8 Luis Belliard 1

Posted March 31, 2014
My Son is currently attending this School and I am desperately searching to transfer him OUT. i get along with other parents and it seems like we all have the same issue. The school is easy to focus on the more advance students and leaving out the kids that need help. BULLYING is a major problem in this school: theres alot of fights in the school especially the Lunch room area: and not enough staffs to help control the situation. The after school program is a big joke, The staff are very young and seems like they are there to collect a biweekly check as oppose to help kids with hw. My son comes home with no hw done. I am truly disappointed in this school. My son comes home learning more adult topic then the actual subject. Seems like 50% of the school is promotion in doubt. The carelessness of the teachers to focus on kids that are having trouble is insane. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL. My son will have his state test tomorrow and at the end of the month and he is not ready. He gets ignored because teachers Favor the straight A students. This school is only pretty from the Outside, they need to focus more on what's going on inside.

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 3

Posted September 16, 2009

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 0

Posted June 16, 2009
I am very pleased with the overall performance with this school. The staff are very welcoming. All the issues that have had with my child have been resolved in a timely manner. My child loves his school and his teachers.

Posted September 04, 2008

Posted June 17, 2008

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 0

Posted February 05, 2008
This school is very good. My son have learned very fast.

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 1

Posted September 03, 2007

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 3

Posted June 06, 2006
I am concerned because I find that the children are being involved in many extracurricular activities (trips to movie theaters and parks) instead of focusing more on academics

Ps 8 Luis Belliard 2

Posted January 03, 2006
I am very concern about this school. My son attends PS 8. I see no clear structure. The school is going through changes that has consequently affected the parent school relation. Althought their are guidelines that the school has to meet it is uncertain if they can currently meet them. For example communicating to parents changes. Parents through the grapevine are being informed of the removal of teachers assistance from classrooms via children. No notification of to parents leaving the teacher who are already overwhelmed in chaos. Also sending notices to parents, these are sent extremely late, not allowing parents to prepare to attend.

Posted June 13, 2005

Ps 8 Luis Belliard
465 W 167th St, New York, NY  10032
Last modified Ps 8 Luis Belliard is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 8 Luis Belliard Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top