/ School Profile
New York, NY
Students enrolled: 1,596

The High School of Fashion Industries 3

Posted August 21, 2014
Hello. I am a current junior in this school. This school it's really good when it comes to learning. For whatever major you choose, you will definitely learn and be categorized as "advanced" in college because you have already learned the basic. When it comes to the student, things can be very dramatic based on who you surround yourself with, but other than that, this school is good. It also depends on the student, because if you're there to actually learn than you would say it's a good school learning wise but if you don't do what you're suppose to as a student than your constant thoughts would be something among the lines of, "Oh, this school sucks!" or "I don't learn anything" and so on. I hope this helps you get some sort of understanding.

Posted May 27, 2014
My daughter is a freshman at this school and there are always girl fights in the hallway. There is not enough adult supervision and consequences for fighting. There are videos on social media showing these fights that the students put up. The deans do mediations that get no where because they take no actions on students who threaten and fight. Keep your kid safe don't send them to this school, it's like a women's jail.

Posted December 03, 2013
I am a 10th grade student attending this high school. This is my second year here and i am planning to stay here; for all four years. My exprience in this school was absolutly wonderful. Yes, the school has a lot of drama and because we are somewhat limited to our male population (meaning there aren't a lot of guys here), girls do go crazy for the boys that we do have. But not all girls are like that. The fights in our school rarely happen now-a-days. Our school, teachers do pay attention to their students and offer tutoring if we need extra help. Overall the education you get in this school (or you get in any other school) depends on one thing: You. So if you realllllly want to study fashion or be in the fashion industry, then I advise you to audition and come to the school. I have met so many great people here and he teachers are nice. Teachers do not be disrespectful to other teachers or peers otherwise the student is being disrespectful. Fashion also has a great variety of clubs you can join or create. I'm telling you, this is one amazing school and a great exprience for a high school student. So I hope you take my advice and give Fashion a chance.

Posted October 25, 2013
I'm new there but so far I think it's cool. I wish the teachers were a little more helpful at times because yes the work is hard and because of the they criticize your work by the way they think it should. A lot of the staff are nice and the principal is very considerate.

Posted September 09, 2013
I graduated from fashion in 2006, most kids think that the world is supposed to be handed to them, that's not the case. Work hard and pay attention and this school can be the beginning to a very productive and successful career. There's no other place like fashion, and if you are lucky enough to attend this school, you've already set yourself up ahead of your competition, it's all up to you take the tools handed to you, and do as you please with them.

Posted April 04, 2013
My School is the worse school in my opinon. They don't care about students. They pretend to care, you barely get help from teachers. Teachers are disrespectful to students. The Deans barely handle the fights. Security guards always arrive late when its a fight. The deans put bad word on students to other students parent. Teachers curse at Students. They say they this and that but when you in the school, they a big dissapointment. They're not what they say they are

Posted March 09, 2010
I am a freahman at fashion industries high school, and being at this school is very dissopointing. This school is very misleading and depressing to be in. The student here are very rude and disrespectful to teachers and peers. The teachers dont offer enough help to students who are struggling in there classes, and they basically dont care. Since there are ten floors in this school the over 1,000 students that attend fashion can only use three elevators thats constantly getting stuck everyday. Its very boring here, and this school is not really big on extracurricular activites. Im trying really hard to transfer this year. My advice to people who are looking to come here please do more research on this school before you try to attend. Most freshman that attend here always transfer. This school is really not as glamorous as it sounds. please take my advice!

The High School of Fashion Industries 5

Posted December 06, 2009
this school is really great.i really want to get into fashion and im in 7th grade.i love this school witha passion!!!

The High School of Fashion Industries 5

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted September 14, 2009
I am currently a 10th grader in this school and a straight A student, take my word. The only real good education you'll get in this school is Global. The students are rude and teachers rarely help. Most students fail and students don't really get any choice. I do not reccomend this school and I am trying to transfer. It is not safe, people are always late, and they'll basically do anything to start a fight. They put me in classes I took in 7th and 8th grade and never helped me change it. I'm looking to go to NYU and I need my credits and I'm not really getting anything.

The High School of Fashion Industries
225 West 24th Street, New York, NY  10011
Last modified The High School of Fashion Industries is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The High School of Fashion Industries Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top