Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)

Ps 1 Alfred E Smith 2

Posted July 29, 2015
My son transferred to this school 2014-2015 school year. He constantly got bullied and picked on for the color of his skin. Students went so far as to call him the N word. He has never had a problem at any of his previous schools and everytime I tried to make an appointment to speak with the principal to get things straightened out she was never available until I threatned to report her to the school board she all of assuden was free. Needless to say it was a horrible experience for him as well as my family. I was greatly disappointed by this school and their principal.

Posted September 12, 2014
This is a sweet nurturing environment. The pre-k has very well lit classrooms with super large windows. The Pre-k classrooms are well stocked and they have a lovely and an impressive Garden outside that the Parent Coordinator Cincy Yeung Lau, started. The Parent Coordinator is fantastic. The school is charming. The Pre-K has a nice playground to use each day. The school has cooking classes even for the lowest grades. The pre-k has a Dual Language program that is awesome. I recommend you take the time and check this school out. This a school with a community feel, warm and welcoming.

Posted March 08, 2011
I been here for 4th and 5th grade and I don't feel left out when I just transfered. This school helps prepare me for middle school. Right now in middle school, I still reflect back on the fun I had in this school. The teachers and staffs are all really nice. My principles even took the time to get to know me. I really would highly recommend this school

Posted March 16, 2010
This is the best school ever there's great and helpful teachers waiting to be asked a question by a student. So I think on my own opinion ps1 is a great place to get educated and fell comfortable about learning and to have fun. plus if you like sports ps1 has the best sport equipment you can really think of to.

Ps 1 Alfred E Smith
8 Henry Street, New York, NY  10038
Last modified Ps 1 Alfred E Smith is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.