Bad
Good

We enrolled our child in kindergarten this year at P.S. 9. The school has provided a wonderful environment for our child to learn, develop and engage with our child's dedicated teacher and other students. Our teacher has made a genuine effort to help with our child's progress and development, and at the same time has communicated with us (in our role as parents) in a respectful and thoughtful way. In addition, P.S. 9 has a caring and involved parent body, which takes an active role in the school. Finally, the school has well-maintained facilities (including school library and gym), and nice offering of after-school programs. We highly recommend P.S.

P.S. 9 is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers, well-maintained facilities (including school library), as well as active and caring parents. Our child's teacher has provided a positive environment for learning that has been both thoughtful and tangible, resulting in observable progress in our child. In addition, our child's teacher has made a genuine effort to provide feedback to us and to help us, in our role as parents, to take an active role in our child's development. Finally, the school's leadership (including principal and parent coordinator) have been a pleasure to speak with. We consider P.S. 9 to be one of the best elementary schools (if not the best) in the city.

This is an AMAZING school with amazing teachers. Recently I visited PS 9 with a number of of other parents and observed some classes. All the teachers were beyond professional, well spoken and seemed very well versed on the subjects being taught. One class in particular we visited was an art class. The teacher by the name of Mr. Muller was very kind and the class was quiet and engaged in the art project. The classroom was neat and organized and all the students were in their seats working quietly. He introduced himself and explained to the parents exactly what the students were working on in great detail. I asked him there how long he was working at PS 9 and he explained to me he was a sub that day for that class. Myself and another parent were very impressed that the school would hire a sub who appears to be such a cultured, knowledgeable gentleman. A substitute teacher being able to actually teach a subject he or she is covering in a NYC public school is a plus! Especially someone who presents themselves as such a gentleman. These are the kind of teachers I like to see at my child's school.

Our son is in 2nd Grade here and we absolutely love the school. The community of parents and caregivers and teachers and students is incredibly vibrant and generous - such a welcoming place to be not only for our son but for our whole family. I am so pleased with the level of education and also the after school opportunities. I could not recommend the school more highly.

Our child has had a solid education at PS 9. There is a dynamic parent body that supports events. The teachers and administration have responded to queries and concerns admirably.

Presently, all 3 of my boys attend PS-9. 2 of them are in the G&T and the other is in the Gen Ed, as the G&T program no longer exists for incoming students, We have been very happy with all aspects of the school- Principal, Teachers, Offfice, and Parent Involvement. And- the money raised each year thru fundraisers helps pay for an assistant teacher in EVERY class, in addition to some instruction in chess (for lower grades) and Spanish for all. Overall, the children perform well on NYS exams. We're very happy with the school.

This is one of the best public schools in the city. The teachers are excellent, the atmosphere is warm and nurturing, the academics are top-notch.

My 2 boys have been in this school for A year now and as a parent i have to say i cant be any happier they have changed completely for the better the teachers the staff are so warm and respectful my boys are so happy in ps 9 and so am i always feel Welcomed always get fast ans. about everything i need i just love the school.

My two children graduated from this school. The Principal, most of the teachers, and the Guidance Counselor are great. I had children in both of the programs and they both excelled and attended a great middle school (Delta Honors). I just wish that the parents in the Renaissance Program were more involved.

My daughter attends this school. Ms. Brady is a phenomenal Principal. The teachers are all above average and hand picked by Ms. Brady. Pleasant and very helpful General Office, as well as, a super attentive and involved PTA, and a superbly planned curriculum makes this the stellar school of the entire NYC public school system. Only downside: School's popularity increases the real possibility of overcrowding in the coming years.

Last modified Ps 9 Sarah Anderson is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.