Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have a child at this school now and cant wait to move. The principal is a disgrace and I find it hard to believe she Baptist is still here. I dont even believe she is educated with her behavior. Appaling.Please we have to do more for our kids.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

principal is in denial and that is a very hard thing to correct. A change is due for our kids.

I used to love this school but since the principal changed I start to hate it more and more. The new principal Jean Baptist is doing a horrible job. Lack of organization, asking for financial stuff all the times, never returns phone calls....overall horrible! My child comes home with Notification all the time but so late. I thought it was him but it was the school! Thank god this is my son's last year...and not to mention, why do we have to pay $200 for his graduation package???? I will definitely report it, where does the money really go to??? I feel bad for the teachers, I love them all and I know they're not happy as well...smh I completely agree with the parent of the previous review!

This school is definitely going downhill rapidly. The principal (Ms. Jean Baptitse) as well as the guidance counselor (Ms. Mathurine) needs to be replaced ASAP if the school plans on making a positive come back. I went here as a child & things have changed drastically. I personally had Ms. Smith & she's by far the best teacher there point blank period. The core curriculum is definitely lacking & are failing children on a consistent basis. Definitely taking my daughter out & putting her in charter school.

Very well stated. The same parents who do the most complaining refuse to read to their children or do math with them, in order to improve their literacy and mathematical skills. These are the ones who will loudly use profanity or disparaging comments to their own children in the school yard, as if that is acceptable. The negative poster didn't even know the difference between a principle- as in a set of beliefs, and a principal- the individual fighting to insure that the school's students are excelling in spite of the history of the school, where the ELA and Math exams are concerned. As a teacher at a charter school, and a parent of two children in this school, I would say that my LARGEST issue has been with other parents, and not with the staff. Parents need to do their jobs instead of waiting for the school to remedy what they did not create. There is but so much a teacher or school can do when parents have failed to do their job. I wish that there were individual staff members who would enforce a code of conduct for the parents who seem to think that their children's bad language and behavior were created in a vacuum. Anyway, the school needs improvements, but they're working.

Recently some misinformation about a teacher and principal at P.S. 36 was posted as fact. Those of us at P.S. 36 are thankful for how quickly such libelous posts are removed from the site. We have a plan for the improvement of the school that could be harmed by such deceptions and appreciate the support. Good work greatschools.org! Ms. Fine

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL............... The teachers and the assistant principal are the best. The only parents who are disgruntled are the ones who don't attend meetings and are NOT active. It takes a village to raise our children to be succesful.

Listen, this place is no longer what it used to be. The lunch room is a disaster, the lunchroom staff yell at the children, and there is a total lack of organization throughout the building. CHildren are often sitting on the floors waiting to be picked up by there teachers, and there is not enough room for all the children. The Assistant Principal is not very personable and appears to not know what she is doing. The sad thing is that this school could be one of the best, but because there is no PTA that is a problem. As a parent I want to hear what the teachers are thinking. This school will be yanked from these parents and administrators if they don't get it together here. I did not notice any classrooms with White boards and I heard other parents complaining that their children did not even have text books!! I will pull my children out as soon as they are taken off the wait list at another school I am waiting to hear from. I am convinced that these reviews are posted up by PA members and the rest were written after the parents were "buttered up" by PA members, because I have been to way better open houses for my children. If you want to educate your child, this is not the place.

My twins were in Pre-K last year & the teachers were Phenomenal! Both Ms. Orosco & Ms. Nadal truly go above and beyond the expectations of a Pre-K teacher. They are focused on overall education & do an exceptional job!!! The parent participation was phenomenal in Ms. Orosco's class and the field trips were a breeze! I would recommend them in a heart-beat! *The administration is very united & everyone seems to work well together! I LOVE PS36 & My daughters (now 5) cant wait for school to start again!

My daughter went here for Pre-K & I couldn't wait for the end of the year to take her out. I agree with the aprent who said disorganized. The administration seemed to care less about many of my concerns. When I would ask the VP questions she would always pass the buck to the principle or a teacher. Flyers would be handed out a day too late so, I wasn't aware of mandated meetings or other happenings at the school. At the PTA meetings in the morning, there was always a small turn-out. Hopefully, more were in attendance in the evening. Pre-K was never addressed in hand-outs & I felt as if I was at 2 different schools. The teachers seem to be caring & nurturing, though throughout the year my daughter's teacher was by herself or had a revolving door of 5 assts. Once the children would get attached to one, the school transferred the asst. to another class or school. Therefore, my daughter began regressing towards the end of the year. She would tell me how the other children were mean to one another hitting, saying cruel things, etc. & that noone would do anything. A vast number of the parents in this school would curse at & in front of children, scream, & smoke in front of them.

Last modified Ps 36 Margaret Douglas is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.