Bad
Good

This school is a great school- makes learning fun! There is a program for most likely all the grades and i would reccomend this school to any pre k child!

I graduated from this school a fell months ago and I got to say, I love this school a lot. This school give out very challenging work and it's fun! The teachers are really entertaining to talk to and they really care about you. This school is really clean( well MOST of the time) and I highly recommend is school to any pre-schooler that's searching for a school to go to. I hate to leave this school. All in all this is a great school and I highly recommend it.

I am a graduate of PS42, class of Jan. 46. I am curious if there are other people of that era in contact with you? Are the names of teachers who were there available?

I graduated from PS42 in 2008. Its challenging academics and caring environment provides a foundation to encourage the child to show his/her utmost potential in completing assignments. The teachers are strict but somewhat amusing to work with. If you cuss in 5th grade, they will most likely make the child write a 5-page college apology letter. They encourage students to try their best, be courteous, and maintain tenacity. I truly recommend this school.

My daughter has only been in this school for 2 months and she has learnt more in this short amount of time at P.S. 42 than in the charter school that she was in for the whole school year just about. I love this school and think it is a wonderful school.

Even though I only been here for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade, I still like this school. The teachers are great and I remember we get 50 dollars for free books at barnes and noble. I think this is a great school. Clean, and with great teachers and staff. The lunch staff gives you seconds which is great. Even when right now I am in middle school, we don't even get seconds. This school made me feel at home. I would recommend this school highly.

What's not to love about P.S. 42? The school is safe and drug free. The teachers are knowledgable and truly care about the well being of the students. The parents are hard working folks who not only work hard but I also see them put in extra time to become involved in their child's studies and that's with the help of the school because this school not only promotes this type of activity but they also nurture it and looks for ways to make it grow. I love seeing my child develop and become more independent, more wiser and more happy each day from this school.

challenging school. the teachers are excellent at teaching the students and are always fair.

The teachers here are great! They may be a little strict, but they teach you great things in math, science, writing and more!

I was a bit skeptical when I sent my daughter to this school. Somehow, all the teachers and staffs are wonderful and they seem happy to coming to school and teaching. My daughter is happy and she learns a lot. I am glad that I let my eyes to see how my daughter is growing to be a smart child and happy student. She learns a lot and it always amazes me until now. I am glad and touch by the attention of the teachers to all the students. It's definitely the best school.

Last modified Ps 42 Benjamin Altman is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.