/ School Profile
New York, NY

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 3

Posted August 13, 2014
As a new Parent and A concerned Parent w/ a kindergarten child in a CTT class on the general ed side. I would like to point out the problem is not soo much the Teachers as it is the PRINCIPAL!!!! HE HAS NO CLUE! And I say this with such asurance. As he tried to do damage in a public matter. and IT didn't work and now I am forced to take matters into my own hands. Furthermore, The school needs more security and cameras, BULLYING IS EXCESSIVE THE PRINCIPAL COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR KIDS!!! PLEASE!! Let's say it show it is he is intimadating his teachers under the table and behind close doors... HE tried it with me. I KNOW THE LAW DON'T EVER GO THERE AGAIN!! I's sad that most parents are uneducated and do not have a clue to what they can do to take down some one from a position.. It's called a pen a computer a petition and a mouth. Don't be intimidated. If You see something say something. Don't wait until it's too late.. I understand these teachers positions and the student's safety concerns. A concerned parent.

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 3

Posted August 11, 2013
My daughter has been attending PS 46 since the first grade. Every year she has been promoted to a TAG (talented and gifted) class. She is smart and I thought that all was well. However, this summer she asked to go to another school. When asked why, she replied that there is too much drama. Children are talking back to the teacher, picking on each other or fighting. My daughter is going to a 5th grade TAG class this September. It will be her last year at the school. I like the principal. I feel that he is concerned. I have spoken with teachers and they appear concerned. However, my daughter has complained about a particular teacher's behavior. My opinion, the students are the problem. -Concerned Parent

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 1

Posted June 19, 2013
in 21 years and having 4 children in the nyc school system. i have NEVER came across such a discusting school!!! its so obvious by the way the teachers speak to the students that they are not qulified to deal with children...a certificate proofing they passed the teachers course does not matter!! The horrible teachers at this school should get send back to school for more education on how to deal with children (HORRIBLE) the way they speak and act with these kids is incrediable. Try complaining to the principal Mr. Young and know that absolutely NOTHING will be done!!! Go ahead call the school GOOD LUCK if they even bother to pick up!! I do not go over there because i will most definitley end up lowering my standards to this one specific teacher and taking matters into my own hands!!

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 5

Posted September 06, 2012
My personal review is that most of this parents that are given negative review of this school should volunteer and help this teachers at least for a day and see what is wrong. And remember noone is perfect and we all deserve another chance in life. Instead of critisize the school they should of being part of it together with your child and make it successful. I love the principal and the efforts these teachers make to help our children and until now I have not have any dissappointment yet. I have two children at this school and is great to me, we just have to help the school improve.

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 2

Posted August 28, 2012
i am a parent of a 8 1/2 year old boy who attends this school and is trying to relocate him to another school. I find that PS 46 is not a safe environment for my child. There isn't a "no bulling" policy that has been formally enforce by the school's principle or the teachers. The students are being harassed by other students everyday and the teachers let it happen. The children do not receive enough exercise which is needed everyday. I truly would like to see a "no bulling" policy enforced so that the students can feel safe.

Posted October 13, 2009
Our kids are among the most creative in the USA! We achieve in the arts as well as the academics, and recently received an 'A' from the Mayor!

Posted October 13, 2009
PS 46 has wonderful, talented, and dedicated teachers who go above and beyond to ensure their students succeed.

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 5

Posted September 03, 2009
I think this school is great my girl and boy is very successful in this school I love it my child goes there and was successful to graduate from 6th grade to FDA and my boy is still in there and has recive good classes. The principle is a GREAT principle he is a good principle unlike the other schools

Posted October 02, 2008
This school is a horrible environment to learn in. Students have no structured free play they just run around on empty courtyard with no equipment pushing each other. In gym they watch tv. TOO many discipline problems. Good students are overlooked because staff needs to deal with other issues. If you can send your child to another school. This school only warehouses students.

Ps 46 Arthur Tappan 1

Posted July 16, 2007
As a mother of a young and vibrant 10 yr old girl i found this school to be a horrible learning environment. The staff I found to be unhelpful and incompetent!!! They had no regard to students feelings nor their parents. I found parent teach conferences to be generic and unhelpful. My child is a good student and a great team player... Lack of discipline with other children and lack of student activities and groups as far as extra curricular is concerned are consistent and highly needs in this school. The teachers along with office staff should be more knowledgeable and concerned with the students and the parents. Good schools are hard to find understand .... However there should be a medium where students get the attention they need to excel in the future

2987 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, New York, NY  10039
Last modified Ps 46 Arthur Tappan is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 46 Arthur Tappan Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top