Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I did not observe any bullying. Quite to the contrary, I observed students being respectful of each other.

I am a substitute teacher and I am hugely impressed by both the faculty and the students (who of their own volition actually read books at the lunch hour) at the school. The principal, Dr. Elana Elster, sets the tenor of the place; she is thoroughly invested in the future of these students. As a substitute I also appreciate how organized and efficient and welcoming she is.

I have a son at MS 54, and after two years there, he is having a great experience. I am pleased with the academic rigor and interesting course offerings, and I especially like that the faculty seems to have a special appreciation for how to deal with kids at this age group. My son especially likes having a number of strong male teachers as role modes. He's also having a wonderful social experience and developing strong friendships with a diverse group of kids. The only strong downside for me is that there are very few sports teams, and i would love to see them add baseball, soccer, flag football or others. The basketball team is so talented that there is no opportunity for athletic kids who primarily play other sports to be part of a school team.

Because everyone is nice and diverse and all of the students are well treated. But - there are a lot of tests and homework and if you get stresses easily or have a lot of after school activities this is not the school for you.

this school is pretty good but there aren't a lot of extracurricular activities and sports. I have a lot of friends that go to computer school and they love it and i'd much rather go there because they do a lot of fun stuff

I graduated from 54 during the 60's. I was I. The SPE class, I am not sure if they have such a distinction. Back then we were the top students in the school anspd the expectations for us were high. I am glad for the experience and the dedication of the teachers I had there. Because of them I and many of my former classmates are very successful. I am an attorney in California. I definately attribute my success I. Life to the Booker T Washington experience/education Barbara McDaniel

Delta Honors is a great program. Children in 6 grade are learning Shakespeare and in 7th grade they are learning 9th grade math. However, the program needs to be more diverse and recruit more minorities into their classrooms.

currently i am enrolled in this school and this is my third year and im in the 8th grade Delta. Some of these comments are correct there really is a big diffrence between Delta and Core racialy. I feel as if its not the Delta programs fault. No offence but when im around core kids they tend to not really care for there work and be really rude, but not all of them. Also you can always retake the test for Delta the second year yo attend Core so....By the way im one of the black people in Delta.

I recently started the 6th grade DELTA program at Booker T. Washington MS54. Most of the staff is amazing. There are a couple of people who are not as remarkable as the other staff members. Class changes are loud and busy, but it pays off to get to class for an amazing education. The humanities, math, science and art teachers are AMAZING at their jobs. I recommend this school, but advise incoming students to be ready for more work than elementary school.

I am starting my first day of sixth grade at DELTA pretty soon. I am very excited, I know this is an amazing school. But, we already have so much summer homework to bring in on the first day of school! **I went to PS166 gifted and talented program for elementary

Last modified Jhs 54 Booker T Washington is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.