Jhs 54 Booker T Washington 3

Posted April 15, 2014
this school is pretty good but there aren't a lot of extracurricular activities and sports. I have a lot of friends that go to computer school and they love it and i'd much rather go there because they do a lot of fun stuff

Posted November 21, 2012
I graduated from 54 during the 60's. I was I. The SPE class, I am not sure if they have such a distinction. Back then we were the top students in the school anspd the expectations for us were high. I am glad for the experience and the dedication of the teachers I had there. Because of them I and many of my former classmates are very successful. I am an attorney in California. I definately attribute my success I. Life to the Booker T Washington experience/education Barbara McDaniel

Posted May 16, 2012
Delta Honors is a great program. Children in 6 grade are learning Shakespeare and in 7th grade they are learning 9th grade math. However, the program needs to be more diverse and recruit more minorities into their classrooms.

Posted January 24, 2012
currently i am enrolled in this school and this is my third year and im in the 8th grade Delta. Some of these comments are correct there really is a big diffrence between Delta and Core racialy. I feel as if its not the Delta programs fault. No offence but when im around core kids they tend to not really care for there work and be really rude, but not all of them. Also you can always retake the test for Delta the second year yo attend Core so....By the way im one of the black people in Delta.

Posted September 13, 2011
I recently started the 6th grade DELTA program at Booker T. Washington MS54. Most of the staff is amazing. There are a couple of people who are not as remarkable as the other staff members. Class changes are loud and busy, but it pays off to get to class for an amazing education. The humanities, math, science and art teachers are AMAZING at their jobs. I recommend this school, but advise incoming students to be ready for more work than elementary school.

Posted September 04, 2011
I am starting my first day of sixth grade at DELTA pretty soon. I am very excited, I know this is an amazing school. But, we already have so much summer homework to bring in on the first day of school! **I went to PS166 gifted and talented program for elementary

Jhs 54 Booker T Washington 1

Posted June 23, 2010
I use to tutor for the Core program and although I loved the teachers and the students - I am ashamed of this school. It is a SEGREGATED school and I am surprised that none of these reviews bring up the issue. The CORE program is I the regular school and Delta is for accelerated students. Well, Delta is like 97% Caucasian and the "regular" school is all Latino and Black. The Core program is underfunded. Most of the teachers are amazing and genuinely care but it is hard for them and they have no real support. Also, there are A LOT of extremely bright and talented children in the Core program - they can grasp physics and math and are very creative. So why aren't they in Delta? B/c the entrance process keeps them out due to the way they speak and answer questions. It saddens me.

Jhs 54 Booker T Washington 3

Posted June 23, 2010
To the parent who used to tutor for the"Core program": Believe it or not, I attended Booker T from 1952 to 1954, and it appears not much has changed! Basically, if you were could speak English well, you went into an advanced program that basically compressed the normal 3 years into 2. The "advanced students" made up 2 classes in each year, as I recall. Many of the other classes consisted almost entirely of recently arrived students from Puerto Rico who only spoke Spanish. Unfortunately, none of the teachers could speak Spanish (as far as we could tell), and those classes were a stand-off of nothing at all happening...

Posted February 05, 2010

Jhs 54 Booker T Washington 1

Posted February 02, 2010

Jhs 54 Booker T Washington
103 W 107th St, New York, NY  10025
Last modified Jhs 54 Booker T Washington is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 54 Booker T Washington Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top