/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted February 25, 2014
My daughter is in Pre K here and we are more than thrilled with this school. There are so many opportunities for kids besides traditional academics. Some of those opportunities are: Drama, Art, Music, Dual language Spanish/English classes, City Soccer, Swimming, and now offering Piano and Violin lessons after school. A great community school!!!!

Posted November 25, 2012
This school has made a great turn around. They have many programs for my daughter. The review below says there is no gym or art, yet that review is old. There is gym, art, music, drama, soccer and even swimming.

The Lexington Academy 2

Posted April 02, 2009
I have seen this school to improve a lot, but recently a new principal was appointed and things are not running as good as they did. There is no gym teacher or art teacher. Parent's concerns are not taken into consideration. Principal seems to avoid parents.

The Lexington Academy 3

Posted May 19, 2008
My son is in special education. I feel more can be done for him so he can take regular classes. I am a single parent and do my best to help him with his studies. I think there should be an after school program where teachers can work with the students helping with homework. However I have seen improvement with the school since last year.

The Lexington Academy 4

Posted September 04, 2005
This school has improved greatly over the years. The principal challenges her students to suceed and the teachers are great. Test scores of students have improved and the quality of life also.

Posted September 01, 2005
My son is in speacial education classes and he is doing very well. He's entering the fivth grade and he's very happy this will be his last grade in the school. So far so good. The teachers are very concern about the kids and they go out their way to make sure the kids are leaning.

The Lexington Academy
131 East 104th Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified The Lexington Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Lexington Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top