/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted February 26, 2013
This is an excellent school serving a very diverse populations. There are excellent teachers, strong leadership, and academic programs that take children from where they are to the next level. The arts programs are superior and the after school options are fantastic. As the parent of two children at PS 75, I cannot speak highly enough of my experience at the school. One of my children even qualified for city-wide G&T, and I decided to leave him there. I still believe it was the right decision!

Posted July 10, 2009
I am very happy with ps 75 it has been a great experience this year.My son was in kindergarden. I have told everybody that i know about the different programs that this school offers. Along with the diversity in families.

Posted May 27, 2009
This is a great school. I've got 2 children in the dual language program and they both love it. The teachers are unbelievable. They seem to know each student very well. My daughter's been there since pre-K, and she has yet to have a teacher we've not been thrilled with. And we're picky. The principal is incredibly commited to a high quality education for every student. The diversity and dedication of the families is great. Other things that make a difference to me: an excellent art program and library! I went to a decent school in the suburbs, but it was nothing like this one.

Ps 75 Emily Dickinson 4

Posted July 20, 2007
We are very happy with the school in almost all respects. While it is a big, old NYC school building, the excellent teachers and principal have created a warm environment where children can and do learn. The extracurricular activities (chess, spanish dual language, mandarin after-school, etc) make for a very well rounded experience.

Posted November 27, 2006
My daughter has had a wonderful experience at P.S. 75. She enjoys music, art, chess every week and in second grade is now writing very creative stories in writers workshop. The Everyday Math program works for her and being in an inclusion class has not slowed her down one bit. The PTA hosts many family events throughout the year such as movie nights and chess nights so there is always something to do.The parents are very involved and the principal meets with them monthly to hear their concerns. Ballroom dancing for the 5th grade and an excellent children's chorus were recently added to the extracurricular enrichment activities. I think we also have one of the best afterschool programs in the district. This is a school worth considering.

Posted January 12, 2006
I think PS75 is a great school and the teachers are very understanding to I also went to this school in the 70's 2006

Posted August 10, 2005
It's absolutly great! My two kids love it.

Ps 75 Emily Dickinson 3

Posted August 02, 2005
Despite a dedicated principal and a wonderful teacher, this past year was disappointing. A new special ed program introduced was not successful & affected the quality of the school experience. The teacher was overwhelmed and not trained to handle the 'inclusion' children, who were extremely disruptive. Although some of the kids in my daughter's class were fine with the slow pace of her class, my daughter was bored and unhappy. Her kindergarten class had 3 or 4 totally unmanagable kids in it. Her class went on only one school trip the entire year. Overall, the school did not meet my expectations. Now, the art teacher has left the school which is a great loss and three of the first grade teachers have left for various reasons.

Ps 75 Emily Dickinson 4

Posted June 25, 2005
The principal, staff and teachers are excellent and the curriculum is challenging. My daughter learned alot in her first grade class. I found some of the students in her class to be a little 'rough.' But overall, my husband and I were pleased with her academic achievements.

Posted May 19, 2005
I have twins in the dual language Kindergarten classrooms. There are 25 students in each class, and the diversity of the students really mirrors New York City itself. My children are very happy. They eat lunch in their classrooms, attend gym twice a week, & had an artist in residence working with them on a shadow box theatre puppet project for ten weeks. Last year, The PTA started a wonderful program of after school enrichment classes, including Dazzling Science and Art, Orff Music, Ceramics & 3 Dimensional Art, Cooking, and Ice Skating. The school's principal hosts a monthly parent principal chat, and has assembled a staff of dedicated teachers and administrators who work tirelessly to benefit the school community. We are moving to another state and I wish we could take the school with us!

Ps 75 Emily Dickinson
735 West End Avenue, New York, NY  10025
Last modified Ps 75 Emily Dickinson is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 75 Emily Dickinson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top