/ School Profile
New York, NY

The Bilingual Bicultural School 5

Posted August 08, 2013
The best thing about BBMS is its size it's like being a part of a family where everyone knows your name and you might get yelled at sometimes but for all the right reasons. Most of the teachers are warm and caring as is the Principal Ms. Hernandez. My daughters have never felt ignored or that the point of view didn't matter and for this I am thankful. One happy parent!

The Bilingual Bicultural School 4

Posted August 02, 2012
I came here in 2008 and I have to say, as the only Asian American in my class, I wasn't happy because I was bullied all the time for being Asian. The school lacks diversity because all the students are either Black or Latino. The teachers are awesome however, like Mrs. Berrios or Ms. Rodriguez. However, the school needs to fix the issue of bullying and I still hear that it is a issue to this day. Academics here is wonderful because there is a lot of homework and the curriculum is very challenging! But then again, bullying is a big issue. Homework here is a lot, but it is very beneficial to the students. However, I would suggest that you go to the other school in the building which I forgot the name, but their school has a lot more diversity and it is top notch compared to BBMS.

The Bilingual Bicultural School 2

Posted July 17, 2012
I've never had a an issue the 6 yrs my child attended to the latter part of this yr. Many parents complained that the amount of homework was ridiculous which I agree was a bit much. Hw was not check in a frequent basis and at one point majority of the kids were failing in math. Students felt she was unapproachable. My child began to have more frequent incomplete hw towards the end of the yr which I dealt with. But because of it my child's teacher began to single my child out. I have two kids going to two different school and in order for them both to be on time one had to be in school early. My child enjoyed helping other staff member that hour early and my child teacher went to the staff asking them not to allow my child to help in the morning leaving my child to do absolutely nothing in that empty school,which she had no right to do because she did not have any responsibilities with my child until the start of the school day. She created an uncomfortable situation for my child make them feel they had no one to go to. My child even went thru something and I was told it would be investigated and of course it was not. I am so happy I put my younger child in a different school

The Bilingual Bicultural School 2

Posted June 26, 2012
I am so disappointed in this school it's not even funny this has been the worst yr ever. Bullying goes on and it's ignored. My child has gone thru it for several years they report it and nothing changes. Things are swept under the rug so the school won't be considered tainted. When parents complains to teacher they retaliate against the kids making thrm feel worse when it's brought to the principle attention she'll say " ms so and so not them I don't believe my teachers would behave in such a manner. And some of these teachers don't even know how to talk to students especially ms Sanchez the math teacher. Im pulling my child out I want absolutely nothing to do with this school I'm so done.

The Bilingual Bicultural School 0

Posted January 14, 2010
This school may have a cramped environment, however, the school makes the best of it. This school is like a family that works together to do whats best for each student. The school is so good that four children in my family have attended. The principal, dean and teachers are great! Keep up the good work BBMS, you guys are a 10 in my family book.

The Bilingual Bicultural School 5

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted August 29, 2008
This school is located within a school in cramped headquarters. Therefore the space or lack of fosters a strong sense of family and community. Eventhough it fares well on tests and school report cards its students and staff could benefit from opening up their curriculum to more progressive ways of learning. Overall the teachers transmit heir love for teachng and learning to students but I find it to be subpar when compared to other elementary schools within the region that have a more student centered, hands-on approach to learning.

Posted January 03, 2008

Posted September 09, 2003

The Bilingual Bicultural School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
The state could do a lot better providing our students with books that don't fall apart. Aside from that, the teachers are very dedicated, and helpful. They go above and beyond to assess the needs of each child, and keep the parents informed on progress.

The Bilingual Bicultural School
219 East 109th Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified The Bilingual Bicultural School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Bilingual Bicultural School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top