/ School Profile

Posted April 12, 2014
My children have been at this school since 2008 and I can't say enough how impressed I am with the changes since that time. The principal is much more open and accommodating to parents who have concerns and to those who want to help or be involved with their child's education. The student body is very diverse and extremely international (as a result of the dual language programs which are excellent - especially the French). In the French program the teachers are very strong and communicative with parents and they are well liked and respected by the students. The parent community in this program is particularly strong. My sons are very different and they are both very happy and thriving. The only negative is that due to the popularity of the French program, class sizes can be very large and a few disruptive children really can affect the learning got the entire class. The administration is pretty good about handling this but if class sizes were kept smaller, everyone would benefit.

Posted April 04, 2014
This is solid school that is continuously improving year after year. Definitely one of the underrating/lesser known gems as far as schools go in the UWS.

Posted April 26, 2012
I have 2 girls in PS 84, the eldest in 3rd grade. We really like the school, all of the teachers have been very good, academically as well as personally. They really know the kids, their strengths and weaknesses. Principal Sundick is very connected with the school and has her finger on the pulse. She knows the children by name, and who's class they attend. She also knows many of the parents by name and child/dren belonging to them. That is a feat! The principal has a tough job. She has tons to juggle with many details and all within the complex DOE regulations. She does so well while remaining calm and very good natured. Remarkable!! There is a very active bunch of parents at school. They are friendly and welcoming. There are lots of activities organized by the PTA, movie night, book fair, international pot luck dinner, spring fair, etc. In which parents work together to create the event and parents and children attend. I have frequently heard of parents donating books, paper and school supplies to the school. I feel that the school is really a community in which the children, parents and administration know each other and work to the benefit of the whole.

Posted May 29, 2011
My daughter is in second grade in the dual language Spanish program, and we could not be happier. The teacher is outstanding, the principal shows wonderful leadership, and the parental involvement is extremely high. After coming out of a "boot camp" style charter school, this is what school should be. My daughter excels academically, and absolutely enjoys every day at PS 84. It is a wonderful, nurturing environment where children can enjoy learning.

Ps 84 Lilian Weber 0

Posted April 29, 2010
Our daughter went to Pre-Kindergarten at PS84 and had a terrific experience. For Kindergarten, we won a much coveted lottery spot at MSC (PS 333). Given the reviews and reputation we could not miss this opportunity, so we switched schools. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a poor decision for our daughter. When we looked to change back to PS84 in the middle of the school year, we were thrilled that she was welcomed back. It felt like being home again. The teachers and administration have been great. As PS84 is gaining momentum again and neighborhood children are now attending the school, it is truly a gem on the UWS. The parent involvement has been getting stronger with each year.

Posted April 19, 2010
My son is in first grade in the Spanish Dual Language program. The teachers are amazing, the principal is approachable, listens to concerns, and has great priorities. We have loved our experience here.

Posted February 02, 2010

Ps 84 Lilian Weber 4

Posted January 26, 2010
My son has been at this school for three years as a part of the dual language program, and so far he has done well, I must say that his teachers are wonderful, involved teachers that strive for excellence. We at times want to blame the school for what it is not doing rather than looking at ourselves as parents for what should be doing to be a part of our childrens education. I have overall been very satisfied with ps 84, one thing I can say is faculty and staff are trying to help this school and its students excel, however some of our parents need to step up and get involved. Thanks ps 84 for your hardwork and dedication!

Posted December 07, 2009
In the last two years families have been more involved with the PTA, a garden is being built, K educators are fantastic, the expansion of dual-language programs in Fr/Eng and Spa/Eng is nurturing great cultural diversity and seem to bear fruits in fostering stronger academic performance from the kids. This school which was once overlooked in the neighborhood is now attracting many interesting families contributing their time, energy and resources to support their kids education.

Posted November 29, 2009
P.S. 84 is a fabulous school with a fantastic, energetic principal. Great things are happening here!

Ps 84 Lilian Weber
32 West 92nd Street, New York, NY  10025
Last modified Ps 84 Lilian Weber is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 84 Lilian Weber Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top