/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted September 23, 2014
This school is impeccable!! G & T program is wonderful and no longer has bridged classes. My son is in a class of 12 students!! How awesome is that?! I mean he's getting a private school education for FREE!! We feel so blessed to be in this school! TAG, Anderson, etc cannot compare to this loving, easygoing, familial ambience! Each child is unique and known here, not just another number! Ms. Kreinen is the BEST! Born to teach! Mr. Pinckney the Principal is so sweet and greets everyone every morning! He's always visible and willing to answer questions and resolve any concerns you may have! Ms. Parker the security guard loves our children and keeps them safe! She's genuinely loving and loves her job! I love this school and can't imagine anything topping this :) Thank you God for allowing us to discover this hidden GEM in Harlem!! Woot! woot!

P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier 1

Posted April 07, 2014
Parents please do your homework before enrolling your little ones in to this school. My experience at PS 102 has been disappointing at best. While the principle is very kind and nice, I do not see any improvements being made. A man was attacked on school grounds and parents were never notified!!! Parents of children in the G&T bridge class (25 students ranging in ages 4-7) were promised a teachers assistant would be in the classroom, the assistant was moved to another class in October and never replaced. There has not been a chess teacher/class since November. My child has been there almost a year and we have never seen or heard a therapy dog. There is no real after school as the teachers stay late to provide the children with activities. The PTA is nonfunctional as notices for meetings are often given out the morning of the meeting or not at all. The PTA meetings are unproductive and have very minimal attendance do to parents not receiving proper notice. Over all this school has not lived up to my already low expectations, and I will not be re-enrolling my child to PS 102

Posted January 24, 2010

P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier 0

Posted October 03, 2008
Ms. Booker (pre-K) the greatest. I was also impressed with a very active pta and afterschool programs. Ms. Gibson, the art teacher, also, very talented teacher

Posted February 01, 2007
my sons 1st yr in this school and I like the fact that the teachers are so dedicated too the students and their families,I was able to have my parents meeting with my mom present via cell phone and still attend the meeting by speaker phone. thank you staff of PS 102.

P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier 4

Posted February 15, 2006
Great School, administration is extremely supportive to staff and students.

Posted January 23, 2006
Great school, teachers are dedicated and administration is extremely supportive.

P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier 4

Posted November 27, 2005
Academically this school is ok, the teachers work hard to bring the best out in all children. The art and acience programs are very well developed. The school library is a bit small but has a good selection. The prinicipal knows most children by name and is there to greet parents and children almost every day.

P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier
315 East 113th Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
P.S. 102 Jacques Cartier Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top