/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted October 15, 2014
Our children used to go to a top # 3 school on the Upper East Side before we moved to Hell's Kitchen and switched to PS 111. We were surprised how good PS 111 is, despite not so high ratings. It is actually better than the previous school: more honest and friendly. And we are very happy with the teachers at PS 111, they are so dedicated to the students.

Posted September 12, 2014
Situated on the west side of mid-town this wonderful school has not yet received the rating it deserves. The entrance in the building is clean and bright. The Pre-K Coordinator, Ms. Zaida is wonderful and very professional. The pre-K Classroom is bright with large windows and well stocked. It is a safe and nurturing environment and parents are encouraged to participate on Family Fridays. The Pre-K playground is well equipped and a great place for kids to use each day. The pre-k class goes to the library a couple times a week and goes to music class. The Pre-k goes on several awesome field trips. They are currently constructing an amazing new playground that is state of the art with an outdoor classroom. The lunch room is large and surrounded by windows letting in wonderful light. I recommend this school for Pre-k. Take a tour and see what you think.

Posted October 24, 2013
my 3 children attended this school and i have to say it was the best decision ever, the teachers and dedication was amazing my son always looks back and says wow i miss that school he is in the air force now, my oldest daughter Bianca Soto also graduated from this school in college now and my youngest Isabella is in 8th grade time flies. awesome memories.

Posted January 12, 2012
I rate this school as a final product due to the teachings and values instilled in me when I attended it back in the day. This school has always impressed me profoundly and the teachers were so supportive which is why I am now who i am...a successful citizen in the U.S.A Hence, in memoriam I thank all the following teachers in my day: 1st Grade: Ms Valvo 2nd Grade: Ms. Silverman 3rd Grade: Ms. Dubow 4th Grade: Ms. Boyer 5th Grade: Ms. Korn 6th Grade: Mr. Moriarity Principals- Dr, Greene, Mr. Applebaum, Mr. Boyer

Posted November 08, 2010
it has been a home to my 3 children, my oldest graduated from there, my son and now my youngest is attending it is clean, the teachers are amazing, and I would recommend this school to everyone.

Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs 3

Posted October 20, 2010
My daughter attended this school last year for pre K and the experience was truly extraordinary. The teacher she had was Bank Street College trained and very nurturing and bright. The teacher's aid was an invaluable addition to the class, especially since many children were going to a "big" school for the first time. She was patient, kind, and funny, gently turning those seperation anxiety tears into big smiles! I strongly recommend the lower grades, but I hear mixed reviews on the upper ones. PS 111 was a great start to public school for my daughter and I plan to send my son next year.

Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs 4

Posted October 13, 2010
I used to teach there, and the kids, parents, teachers, and administrative staff are great and deserve a helping hand up.

Posted October 07, 2009
The reason why I love my School, P.S. 111 is because the teachers and the administration go out of their way to do the best for their students and the parents. Within the last few years the school has grown so much. We now have great PE teachers (intermurals and sports teams), Music teacher ( who has created chorus and band classes), and a Science lab (Science fair). Great work P.S.111!

Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs 4

Posted June 02, 2008
After a terible experience at our zoned school, we are so pleased to bring our son to this nurturing and safe environment. My son is extremely happy at this school and the small class size allows for a great deal of individualized attention and invaluable parent teacher communication. I will tell any parent who is apprehensive about bringing their child here because of the school's mixed reputation to see for themselves that this is a very good school with the potential to be a great school especially since they are aquiring a gifted and talented program next year. I have great hopes for this school and give credit where credit is due to the teachers and administration who have been very welcoming and supportive of us this year.

Posted November 07, 2006
PS 111 is such a great enviornment for kids. I have a child in first grade who loves going to school everyday because of her two teachers and because of the student teacher she has in her class. They motivate her and truly inspire her learn. Everyday when I pick her up she tells me how she had a god time at school playing math and literacy games and doing science activities and art. She loves her class and her teachers. A great caliber of teachers!!

440 West 53rd Street, New York, NY  10019
Last modified Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top