Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 17, 2016
Excellent school. Excellent, dedicated, hard working teachers. Highly recommended. Beats other "A" rated schools by far.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 17, 2016
Thank you so much Ms. Romero, Ms. Casandra, Ms. Ventura, Mr. A (Science), Ms. B (Music), Ms. Galvin (Art). We love you very much!

Posted October 15, 2014
Our children used to go to a top # 3 school on the Upper East Side before we moved to Hell's Kitchen and switched to PS 111. We were surprised how good PS 111 is, despite not so high ratings. It is actually better than the previous school: more honest and friendly. And we are very happy with the teachers at PS 111, they are so dedicated to the students.

Posted September 12, 2014
Situated on the west side of mid-town this wonderful school has not yet received the rating it deserves. The entrance in the building is clean and bright. The Pre-K Coordinator, Ms. Zaida is wonderful and very professional. The pre-K Classroom is bright with large windows and well stocked. It is a safe and nurturing environment and parents are encouraged to participate on Family Fridays. The Pre-K playground is well equipped and a great place for kids to use each day. The pre-k class goes to the library a couple times a week and goes to music class. The Pre-k goes on several awesome field trips. They are currently constructing an amazing new playground that is state of the art with an outdoor classroom. The lunch room is large and surrounded by windows letting in wonderful light. I recommend this school for Pre-k. Take a tour and see what you think.

Posted October 24, 2013
my 3 children attended this school and i have to say it was the best decision ever, the teachers and dedication was amazing my son always looks back and says wow i miss that school he is in the air force now, my oldest daughter Bianca Soto also graduated from this school in college now and my youngest Isabella is in 8th grade time flies. awesome memories.

Posted January 12, 2012
I rate this school as a final product due to the teachings and values instilled in me when I attended it back in the day. This school has always impressed me profoundly and the teachers were so supportive which is why I am now who i am...a successful citizen in the U.S.A Hence, in memoriam I thank all the following teachers in my day: 1st Grade: Ms Valvo 2nd Grade: Ms. Silverman 3rd Grade: Ms. Dubow 4th Grade: Ms. Boyer 5th Grade: Ms. Korn 6th Grade: Mr. Moriarity Principals- Dr, Greene, Mr. Applebaum, Mr. Boyer

Posted November 08, 2010
it has been a home to my 3 children, my oldest graduated from there, my son and now my youngest is attending it is clean, the teachers are amazing, and I would recommend this school to everyone.

Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs 3

Posted October 20, 2010
My daughter attended this school last year for pre K and the experience was truly extraordinary. The teacher she had was Bank Street College trained and very nurturing and bright. The teacher's aid was an invaluable addition to the class, especially since many children were going to a "big" school for the first time. She was patient, kind, and funny, gently turning those seperation anxiety tears into big smiles! I strongly recommend the lower grades, but I hear mixed reviews on the upper ones. PS 111 was a great start to public school for my daughter and I plan to send my son next year.

Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs 4

Posted October 13, 2010
I used to teach there, and the kids, parents, teachers, and administrative staff are great and deserve a helping hand up.

Posted October 07, 2009
The reason why I love my School, P.S. 111 is because the teachers and the administration go out of their way to do the best for their students and the parents. Within the last few years the school has grown so much. We now have great PE teachers (intermurals and sports teams), Music teacher ( who has created chorus and band classes), and a Science lab (Science fair). Great work P.S.111!

440 West 53rd Street, New York, NY  10019
Last modified Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs is a Public school that serves grades PK-5, 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.