Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We were apprehensive about sending our child to school here because of the past low rating, but after a tour, speaking with current school parents and learning more about the school (new principal, no more middle school sharing the space, brand new school yard, facilities, G&T classes, changing neighborhood demographics, increased test scores, etc.) we decided it was worth a try. We have not regretted our decision. Our child was accepted to another school that is considered top rated, but this has turned out to be a much better place. The Pre-K class has a teacher, teaching assistant and student teacher, with about 14 kids in each class. Better student- teacher ratio for more individualized attention and care. They have worked with us on many aspects of my child's development. The staff has shown dedication and professionalism, we are always kept up to date with events and schedules, our comments and requests are never ignored. The new principal Mr. Gilligan is open and receptive to parents questions and comments. The PTA is also very involved in the betterment of the school and raising funds for needed things and afterschool activities. They encourage parent participation. Most importantly, my child is getting better and better each day and likes the class and teachers. What more could you ask for!

Excellent school. Excellent, dedicated, hard working teachers. Highly recommended. Beats other "A" rated schools by far.

Our children used to go to a top # 3 school on the Upper East Side before we moved to Hell's Kitchen and switched to PS 111. We were surprised how good PS 111 is, despite not so high ratings. It is actually better than the previous school: more honest and friendly. And we are very happy with the teachers at PS 111, they are so dedicated to the students.

Situated on the west side of mid-town this wonderful school has not yet received the rating it deserves. The entrance in the building is clean and bright. The Pre-K Coordinator, Ms. Zaida is wonderful and very professional. The pre-K Classroom is bright with large windows and well stocked. It is a safe and nurturing environment and parents are encouraged to participate on Family Fridays. The Pre-K playground is well equipped and a great place for kids to use each day. The pre-k class goes to the library a couple times a week and goes to music class. The Pre-k goes on several awesome field trips. They are currently constructing an amazing new playground that is state of the art with an outdoor classroom. The lunch room is large and surrounded by windows letting in wonderful light. I recommend this school for Pre-k. Take a tour and see what you think.

my 3 children attended this school and i have to say it was the best decision ever, the teachers and dedication was amazing my son always looks back and says wow i miss that school he is in the air force now, my oldest daughter Bianca Soto also graduated from this school in college now and my youngest Isabella is in 8th grade time flies. awesome memories.

I rate this school as a final product due to the teachings and values instilled in me when I attended it back in the day. This school has always impressed me profoundly and the teachers were so supportive which is why I am now who i am...a successful citizen in the U.S.A Hence, in memoriam I thank all the following teachers in my day: 1st Grade: Ms Valvo 2nd Grade: Ms. Silverman 3rd Grade: Ms. Dubow 4th Grade: Ms. Boyer 5th Grade: Ms. Korn 6th Grade: Mr. Moriarity Principals- Dr, Greene, Mr. Applebaum, Mr. Boyer

it has been a home to my 3 children, my oldest graduated from there, my son and now my youngest is attending it is clean, the teachers are amazing, and I would recommend this school to everyone.

My daughter attended this school last year for pre K and the experience was truly extraordinary. The teacher she had was Bank Street College trained and very nurturing and bright. The teacher's aid was an invaluable addition to the class, especially since many children were going to a "big" school for the first time. She was patient, kind, and funny, gently turning those seperation anxiety tears into big smiles! I strongly recommend the lower grades, but I hear mixed reviews on the upper ones. PS 111 was a great start to public school for my daughter and I plan to send my son next year.

I used to teach there, and the kids, parents, teachers, and administrative staff are great and deserve a helping hand up.

The reason why I love my School, P.S. 111 is because the teachers and the administration go out of their way to do the best for their students and the parents. Within the last few years the school has grown so much. We now have great PE teachers (intermurals and sports teams), Music teacher ( who has created chorus and band classes), and a Science lab (Science fair). Great work P.S.111!

Last modified Ps 111 Adolph S Ochs is a Public school that serves grades PK-5, 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.