Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We spend three years at this school.My kids blossomed under the guidance of dedicated teachers from this school.They ensured that our kids become the best they can be.Now that we have moved out of New York,we can easily compare and appreciate ll the good things this school taught.My kids still miss Mr. Jon and Miss. Lessen.

Develops character: Disagree

That's on the parents and family to do.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers follow a laid out pattern from head of school.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Princes does not allow teachers to give children homework.

No homework. Teachers are not that concerned about children advancing. Every child to the educators in ps 116 is doing fine. The principal is always running from the truth! No correcting of misspelled words.And they want kids to have good attendance but they send them outside when it's freezing and raining outside .I hear parents complaining but they never confront the principal , so she says. This school is just a drop off place for neighborhood family's .They make family's pay for everything! The PTA is hemorrhaging with money! This is not the school for educating a child.

We attended this school several years ago and our child still remembers how awful, disconnected, and downright mean his kindergarten teacher was. (Our child was not a behavior problem child at all.) I recall being told she was one of the "very best teachers in the school" which I later realized is the the usual refrain of all school administration to parents when they question the ability of a teacher. Upon meeting that teacher myself I wondered what her IQ was and if she had some kind of social issue... That being said, the school itself is fine (even though overcrowded) and the Parent Coordinator happens to be wonderful.

The administration is cold, unreceptive and deceptive. I ABSOLUTELY AM DISGUSTED that I chose this school for my child. You can never reach the principle. I emailed her twice in February it is now June, she has never contacted me. I even reach out the to the administrative team and finally the assistant principle no one has yet to contact me. The teachers do not respond to your concerns sooner. This school only cares about money and test scores. They do not want to invest in good education for your child or the time to nurture and build positive relationships with your child to create a fun loving happy environment to thrive in. Signed I can't wait to find another school for my child!

The school is just fine.I believe it is difficult to set up well established school in place like Manhattan...because everyone know that the school is not important.The important thing is being in NYC.Also I just can not believe that how come the after school can be that much expensive.

Principal is completely off limits. My 6th grade child had a great time; not so with her younger sibling. The parent coordinator is REPREHENSIBLE. I stopped giving money and am instead paying for a tutor. God, if they could only get rid of the parent coordinator.

I am so happy to have finally had my children leave this school. And for the longest time, I couldn't put into words why I disliked this school so much. Sure, they are always asking for money, all schools must. Their after school programs can be pricey and are not very good, but they weren't awful and they were priced at a reasonable level. The teachers were wonderful (save for a few who seem to be just biding their time,which I can understand seeing their working environment). But mostly, there's NO HEART in this school. Morale is so low, it's actually depressing to be there. And this is a placed filled with children! It is all business at 116. The principal and asst. principal are both very cold. The parent coordinator is one of the most unhelpful (not to mention unfriendly) people I have ever encountered! And what's funny is, my kids now (still in nycboe) have MORE homework, but within months, they are so much happier and have experienced more as classmates and schoolmates together than they did the 4 years at 116. Involvement, participation, community, love of school all while working hard..thankfully, that is what they are learning now. I'm sorry I wasted all those years

Last modified Ps 116 Mary Lindley Murray is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.