/ School Profile
New York, NY
Students enrolled: 1,401

Posted September 09, 2014
I usually don't respond to these sites because the experience is different for everyone. But to say that you have to be white to be treated properly is ignorance at its best. Whites are the minority in this school. Obviously you did not spend much time at this school. One example of the diversity is the annual culture night that will usually have over 20 countries being represented. With such a closed mind I can see why you could not appreciate diversity and a great education.
2 people found this helpful

Ps 122 Mamie Fay 1

Posted July 24, 2014
PS 122 is a great school if your white. Because WE as Hispanic we were treated very poorly. Took my daughter out of that school and she is much happier in a very school. With very very helpful teacher and a super stuff .

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter has been in PS122 since kindergarten and it has been great so far! She is now in 1st grade and her reading and math skills are amazing!! I'm bring my son on board in September! The teachers are great!

Posted February 24, 2014
One of the great school @. NYC . My older son was in this school , now my younger son goes in ps 122. I am so so happy

Posted October 18, 2013
Great small school that focuses on academics and excellence. There's 2 parts to this wonderful school: an elementary school (which has gifted and non-gifted programs) and a top-rated gifted middle school. My review is on their dynamic gifted middle school school program. Its a rigorous program that give students the skills and foundation needed to enter the top high schools in the city. Over 95% of the 2013 graduating class received acceptance to the specialized high schools. Their scores rank high both in the state tests and in the 8th grade Regents in Algebra, Science and Spanish. A phenomenal dedicated staff of teachers and administrators make the learning environment positive and nurturing. My son was accepted into his dream high school (Stuyvesant) & is transitioning well because of the great academic foundation he received at this school. Thanks to Ms. Nunez he entered Stuy with fluency of Jr yr level Spanish. Of all his teachers he misses her the most. we both miss the small caring community feeling of this wonderful school. Its by far the best Middle School in Queens & I understand it ranks 3rd in NYC. May this record continue!

Posted September 28, 2013
As most schools in our city and country are facing difficult times and causes for failure, it is encouraging and refreshing to note that P.S.122 in Astoria continues to excel and thrive among its peers. Thanks to the wonderful administration, staff, and phenomenal teachers, P.S. 122 faces all challenges and obstacles and transforms them into a rewarding, safe, and rich learning environment.. Congratulations to the P.S.122 community and keep up what you do for your school to be a role model for others.

Posted August 01, 2013
awsome! All the teachers are great and they all try to get you to your best potential! I love my school and teachers love their students.

Posted August 01, 2013
awsome i love the school! It is amazing and my child learned so much! i am very grateful to teachers

Posted August 01, 2013
cool i love it it is amazing forever and beyond it is amazing i love the school god bless it

Posted January 21, 2013
This school is actually ranked as one of the best in NYC. If you don't believe me, you can check for your self by doing a bit of research. I graduated from this school last year, and now i am a freshman in Stuyvesant High school, along with several of my peers from 122. You might ask, what makes this school so great? The answer is simple. The student- teacher relationships are absolutely amazing. The staff is very friendly, and the academics are excellent, especially starting from 6th grade. As many of the other reviews stated, the best teacher in 122, and my personal favorite would be Mrs. Nunez. She is an extremely dedicated and understanding person. I am so glad to have been her student, and to be a part of the community in general.

Ps 122 Mamie Fay
21-21 Ditmars Boulevard, New York, NY  11105
Last modified Ps 122 Mamie Fay is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 122 Mamie Fay Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top