Bad
Good

The principal and the assistant principal are ineffective any issues there is or may be they quickly push the problems off to someone else. Since the principal Ms. Hernandez been in the school honestly speaking things have deteriorated tremendously

This school is absolutely horrible, I have been back and ford to this school for multiply reason. Which deals with bullies and just recently things are getting worst my child has been threatened to be stabbed by another student I went to the school on the first occasion when my son was being pick on by another student then it became physical . It has been a month and they claim I couldn't change my child class and school because it's suppose to be my child zone school. I don't care I am working on getting my child out of ps123m. I don't believe that school is taking this matter seriously and I will not wait for a phone call stating I have to go to the hospital because my child is not safe at this school . They need to shut this school down for good . I feel they have had enough time to address the issue and speak with the parent. It appears the parent don't care and the school doesn't either. They seem to take it as a joke. I wish there was a petition to sign for the school to be closed down I would gladly be the first one to sign it. I should of follow my first instincts when I didn't want to sign my kids up for that school.

Well when I was there between 1965-67 it was a great school loved the school back then sorry I can't grade the school in these years, I graduated in 1967 back then it was called Alexander Webb PS 123.

This school is horrible. Disorganized , Rude, and plain ghetto. Best thing about this school is their principle she tries very hard to make the school better . The assistant principle , parent coordinator , teachers even the nurses assistant is rude. This school is a mess needs to be cleaned up quick . Had to take my daughter out of this school Couldn't deal with it anymore

Hello. I wrote a review on June 30th, talking about this school. I am still a middle school student here and the middle school has changed for the better. We are getting Spanish twice a week, PE twice a week, and Drama/Dance through out the whole week. We got a lot of new teachers and they are FABULOUS. I love this school so much now. The Principal, Ms. Hernandez, is doing such a great job. She is putting up strict rules and bringing in lots of programs. I recommend this school for your child.

I am a parent of P.S. 123 and I have one child that currently attends. I have a lot of faith in this schools future. I am currently in the works of trying to become the parent associations' Vice President and I have many great ideas to try and get the children involved in their school again. I see significant changes in this school since former principal Dr. Beverly Lewis retired and current principal Tina Hernandez has come into our childrens' lives. I truly believe that if this school had more parent participation we could really turn this school around. It takes dedication from us first. We must set an example for our children. Once the staff sees what the parents are bringing to the table, im sure they will step up their game as well. I look forward to a productive and successful school year.

I am a parent of P.S.123. I have three children attending. The school is not as great as it was in the past few years. There is no initiative in the school. Students should be encouraged more to keep them off the streets and work harder in class(giving out prizes, Cash Checks, etc.) Dr.Lewis, former principal, left the school in December 2012. Miss Hernandez, the new principal is trying to make up for what our children did not have while Dr.Lewis was in charge. For example, the middle school doesn't have a language class but Miss Hernandez is trying to bring that in. As of the 2012-2013 school year, there was no Gym Teacher or Computer Lab for the students. This is not a great thing. No physical education in school is a BIG issue. Students learn better when having a relaxed body and mind. There are also no extracurricular activities such as basketball or football. I certainly hope that during the 2013-2014 school year, Miss Hernandez and her staff change most of the things around.

I believe they are making efforts to help children in harlem to get better education with better circumstances. I like the dedication of principal. She loves her school and children. But I wish they have more activitiy for students for afterschool.

I agree with the parent that said Dr. Lewis is oblivious to what happens in her school. She tries hard to make a difference but the PTA is lousy and she has favorites in the classrooms when it comes to teachers. There is a air of gossip and disrespect among staffers that the children know about and this is wrong and encourages negative behavior.

I currently have a child attending this school. However I feel that the academic curriculum can be more challenging and more extra-curricular activies. I agree with the previous parent that the Prinicpal is oblivious. There is some unprofessional and disrespect behavior that needs to be addressed which is not a positive role for the children.

Last modified Ps 123 Mahalia Jackson is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.