Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Ps 124 Yung Wing 3

Posted November 18, 2015
Administration is terrible. They can't even handle a change of address. The U.S. Post office can do better than them. I had my mortgage and medical bills as proof of address and still not acceptable. Smh, for real every thing is paperless now.

Posted September 26, 2013
My son just began attending PS 124 in the G&T Kindergarten class. Thus far, I am so impressed with how the school under-promises and over-delivers. Delivering some of the best testing results in the state with the common core curriculum, the administration is quieting reaping the benefits on having the foresight to embrace the new system ahead of the curve. Bravo to our teachers and administration!!! The one thing this school lacks is a PR machine. PS 124 quietly works at continued improvement and excellence without the notoriety that it assuredly deserves.

Posted September 23, 2013
I think this school has been a great place for my daughter. She has had excellent and caring teachers. She really enjoys going to school and has been offered a very well rounded education. I have been very happy with all the offerings in this school; from chess, to studio in the school for art, cooking clubs, theater and glee clubs. I am impressed by the hardworking principal and staff. The school has gotten so much better than when I attended decades ago.

Posted July 09, 2012
Great amenities: Ice Cream machine. Movies during rainy days. Large play yard. Good food in the cafeteria. Wonderful teachers with well rounded curriculum.

Posted June 25, 2012
The teachers are very proactive in teaching the kids new curriculum. There are teachers who actually try to teach kids more advance materials because the kids are up to the challenge. The principal is very involved with the teachers, students, school leadership team, parent teacher association. She gives 100% back to the school.

Posted June 27, 2011
The teachers that my children have had provided them with great assistance to excel in school, from a general education and a gifted and talented standpoint. The teachers are dedicated and will make themselves available before, during and after school hours to allow for more parental contact. Many of them will even communicate with you via email. Although some of the curriculum seems to be beyond grade level, the kids do apply themselves and eventually come out ahead. The school also has extended day which allows student to benefit from a small instructional group setting. The only problem I have is that some of my kids' classes have too many kids. In some instances having a 32:1 ratio a bit high, but this only applies to the upper grades. Great school overall and my kids have great memories of the school and love the teachers they have had so far.

Posted June 24, 2011
Cutbacks and the exodus of teachers were difficult, but I'm still glad we sent our kids here. Time Warner did present Alice Hom with a 2007 Principals of Excellence award for her leadership.

Ps 124 Yung Wing 2

Posted June 06, 2011
Totally agree! I make a very big mistake did not transfer my daughter to the other school when she was 1st grade. Now she has a friend and refused go to other school. The teacher go back to teach 4th grade this year. You have to bet how much luck you have. My daughter "has"luck this year to have good teacher but don't know next year.My son will be in kindergarten this sept but I'm not sending him to this school. And also the CPC after-school program, you can cut the line if you know someone. I'm waiting more than 3 years, still waiting...fair? I give up!

Ps 124 Yung Wing 2

Posted April 30, 2011
This was a great school when it was administered by Janet Won. Since Alice Hom took over leadership, there has been an exodus of great seasoned educators out of P.S. 124M for the past two years. 13 Teachers transferred to other schools, and even the two assistant principals also left for betterment elsewhere. My child was in the gifted program until the first grade, it was a total nightmare for her. She was taught by a fourth grade teacher from a catholic school who admitted to the parents she could not handle/or teach 6-7 yr. old children. Neither administrator knew what curricculum was to be taught for that TAG class. We transferred our child out to a much better school nearby, Hernando DeSoto has a fantastic program for all levels. Don't send your children to this school. You'll be sorry.

Posted April 03, 2009
My daughter is in the gifted kindergarten program. She tested well, and PS 124 was not our first choice. Now that she is here, we are amazed at how much she learns. The teacher is very serious about making sure each child fulfills their academic potential. The culture of this school makes it a truly NYC gem. It is as good or better than any NYC G&T program. Impressive.

Ps 124 Yung Wing
40 Division Street, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Ps 124 Yung Wing is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.