/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted February 10, 2011
Parents must be on top of teachers to get information and to make sure the child is not falling behind. I had to go countless of times through out the week to ensure the safety of my child. The school needs to have a no bully tolerance rule as they currently do not. I have seen kids being hit with objects and the lunch time recess staff chose to ignore it. I had to intervene and tell the child to stop hitting the boy on the head. I called the attention of the attendant and she said yes we know the student is a problem. My child fell in the yard and she had to walk around the yard and down the block to the entrance with a fellow student her age . No escort. I work right across the street and if that were not the case my kid would not be at this school as it is a safety hazard. The principal is overwhelmed but tries to be out there talking to parents. I changed my daughter's teacher as her lack of education was very disappointing. What teacher talks about her daily life instead of teaching?

Posted January 31, 2011
I think there needs to be a school-wide behavior management system throughout the entire school. Behavior discipline as well as social and emotional needs are not top concerns in this school. Fire drills, lunch/recess and dismissal routines are extremely disorganized. The lower grades are... discouraged from learning through multi-sensory techniques, hands-on experiences and a a project-based curriculum. The children in the lower grades are being pushed to do assignments and tasks that are developmentally inappropriate for young learners. If you want your kindergarten or pre-kindergarten child to play through authentic learning experiences, then this is not the school for you.

Ps 134 Henrietta Szold 4

Posted August 11, 2010
i love this school, my daughter is moving up the 2nd grade, and my son is moving up to 1st grade, they had so much fun in school, and i am very happy to see my kids read books and do their homework by themselves. the teachers are always available in the morning for a little chat. especially MRS Zhao. she always update me regarding how my son is doing is school.

Posted February 10, 2010
If you are looking for success, improvement, safety, and awesome activities -This is the school to choose. They listen and work hard for you and your children. They get better every year!

Ps 134 Henrietta Szold 0

Posted September 03, 2009
Hi, my name is Elizabeth & I agree...my grand-daughter is a student at this school and she will be entering the 4th grade this year. My grand-daughter's reading level has excel to a very high level. I am very thankful and greatful for the support the teachers & principal as well as the other staff gives the parents & grand-parents alike. Thank you.

Posted September 02, 2009
The school has some minor discipline problems and need to catch up technologically with the other schools.

Ps 134 Henrietta Szold 1

Posted May 16, 2009

Ps 134 Henrietta Szold 1

Posted February 18, 2009

Posted May 03, 2008
My daughter Ellen has attended PS134 since K and she's currently in the 3rd. This school has some the the finest teachers in the city. I have always been very pleased with Ellen's development especially since she has always been such a shy child. She's begun to bloom so promisingly. I thank the teachers and the principal for their endless efforts and support.

Posted August 20, 2007

Ps 134 Henrietta Szold
293 East Broadway, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Ps 134 Henrietta Szold is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 134 Henrietta Szold Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top