/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted April 03, 2013
I have two boys attending this school and must say that I'm really happy with the school. The Parent Coordinator is a huge asset to the school and is so warm. Who wouldn't want that? Upon entering the school each morning, you are greeted. How awesome is that! The teachers are nice and really care. The Principal is kind hearted but can sometimes be too laid back. There's a specific woman in the main office that just has no people skills whatsoever. She is obnoxious and straight out disrespectful to the parents. Since I'm not allowed to state specific names in this review, I'll just say that she's the individual who takes care of the teachers payroll. So, be warned. Putting that aside, I'd recommend this school to all.

Posted June 09, 2012
This is near the end of my daughter's first year of school Pre-K at PS 142. What a wonderful year it has been! My daughter adores her teachers and school and feels very comfortable. The office staff and principle are very friendly, and always available to answer your questions or concerns. MY daughter has learned so much this year and I am speaking not only as a parent but as a teacher myself. I chose this program for her after seeing many other Pre-K programs with my own eyes. We were lucky enough to have the kindest and most dedicated Pre K teacher this year who helped my daughter overcome her shyness and recognize her talents. My daughter is currently reading books independently. Yes. My daughter is reading books, BY HERSELF, at 4 years old. I couldn't be more appreciative of the teachers and staff at this great school.

Posted March 15, 2012
From the minute I walk in I felt at home, between Jacky the parent teacher coordinator and Ms. Levy the principal I only have great things to say, they are both very involve and show so much support to the parents and students, the teachers are amazing and make sure my kids are up to school standars in everything..

Ps 142 Amalia Castro 3

Posted September 12, 2011
this is my son's frist day in ps142 and so far he feels very comfortable in his classroom and with his teacher ,I meet her she very nice and some of the staff as well ....for me and my son is a big change from ps137 that didn't do the right thing or should i say the principals and the parent coordiator didn't do their jod!! not very nice people if your thinking about registering your child there please don't go and register at ps134 because when i needed help they was their for me wow now that is saying alot about the kind of people in ps134...well wishing everyone a wonderful school year :)

Posted May 03, 2010

Posted April 28, 2010
I am a parent of the children, they all went to P.S. 142. I beleive this school is a 'Great' school. The school has improved a lot since Mrs Levy has been Principal, making sure the teachers go to trainings to learn new ways of teaching our children. At P.S. 142 you feel like a family, always welcomed. The Parent Coordinator, Monique Benitez is the BEST she is always available, i have called her at night and she always answers, she always informs the parents of upcoming events and community events, and is always willing and able to help anyone. But just all families, some times there is minor problems, but are always resolved. You can send your child to P.S. 142. Your child will be safe and will be in good hands! Just visit the school any time, they have an open door policy, or contact Parent Coordinator (347) 563-4497

Posted April 28, 2010

Posted March 18, 2010

Ps 142 Amalia Castro 0

Posted February 12, 2010
I agree with the review about being hispanic. I also felt dicriminated every time there was a problem with my child. There is about two out of ten great teachers in the school. The administration is very dis organized, and I truly think that this school really needs to be investigated. No, do not send your child to this school, as a caring parent for your child, it would be the biggest mistake a parent could ever make.

Ps 142 Amalia Castro 2

Posted June 14, 2009

Ps 142 Amalia Castro
100 Attorney Street, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Ps 142 Amalia Castro is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 142 Amalia Castro Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top