/ School Profile

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 5

Posted October 10, 2008

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 0

Posted October 07, 2008
I have been part of this school for over ten years - I have stayed because the school offers a safe, caring and academically-challenging atmosphere to the students. The technology and quality of teachers here are superb and the progress reports indicate that fact.

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 3

Posted September 23, 2008

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 4

Posted October 03, 2007
Eleanor Roosevelt junior high school isn't the worst school ever. As a former student, the teachers at I.S. 143, tried their hardest to teach and help their students learn as much as possible. Given the school is not perfect, but what school is? When I attended I.S. 143 I received as much assistance as I could need and ever want. Not only did I learn a lot, but I was also accepted to all the high schools that I applied for.

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 0

Posted September 04, 2007
This is the worst school ever, this is my child first year and it was the worst experience everyone working there r so disorganize and lost...

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 5

Posted May 23, 2007
I've had 4 children attend the school. I also attended 143 and so did my youngest sister. Every school has it's problems but to say that it is the worst school in america is going too far. The staff are always trying to improve and are always working together with parents to make it a safe and pleasant environment for our kids. I have seen school that are gated like prisons because of the violence. 143 Is one of the safest schools in nyc. Academically they push the kids to do there best they know them by name, how many schools know all of their students by name. It is a very safe and overall good school.

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 3

Posted April 20, 2005
- a former student

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt 1

Posted December 07, 2004
This school is one of the worst schools in America! Today a boy in seventh grade got hit by a chair by another student and was bleeding so much. This is no joke if you want your child to succeed then dont send them to that school. If you send your child to that school Im sorry to say but your child wont go far in life!

Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt
511 West 182nd Street, New York, NY  10033
Last modified Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 143 Eleanor Roosevelt Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top